SAIC is seeking a Technology Portfolio Lead to support NSWC Crane and the Navy Hypersonic Program Office with transition of advanced technologies to the Navy/Army hypersonic weapon system. This position can be worked from Crane, IN or Washington, DC.
Note: This position supports 2-3 days of telework/work from home.
In this role, the candidate will oversee a portfolio of performers who are working on Navy/Army hypersonic weapon system capability improvements. Once a portfolio project achieves the appropriate level of maturity, the candidate will monitor and guide the project through the path to integration as a new capability into the core weapon system. The candidate will work collaboratively with customer leaders, various working groups, systems engineering team members, mission stakeholders, national labs, and industry to analyze, evaluate, coordinate, and support test and transition activities for candidate technologies. The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward leaning self-starter with exceptional judgment to interface with stakeholders at all levels as well as with industry partners.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Maintain cognizance of technical developments within the program
- Provide technical depth to Technical Exchange Meetings and Quarterly Program Reviews and make recommendations on future courses of action
- Support technical studies and systems engineering activities
- Write technical white papers and prepare presentations
- Review and analyze detailed test plans and reports; assist with development of test and validation framework and program test activities
- Support technology maturation activities for funded projects
- Support integration planning and analysis of requirements for new technologies/ capabilities through technology Insertion.
- Support development of transition processes, plans, and agreements; conduct TRL assessments and assist with TRAs
- Support development of mechanisms for monitoring project progress, and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and program stakeholders
- Participate in the analysis, collaboration, coordination and de-confliction of detailed schedules and risk for the program
- Maintain insight into the program technical support functions of partner organizations
- Prepare Risk and Technical Review Board materials and participate in Prime and Prime subcontractor review board meetings to address contractor-level risks
- Participate in Risk and Technical Advisory Board meetings
- Represent the Navy Advanced Concepts customer at various high level meetings and technical exchanges
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Nuclear), Physics, or Chemistry with nine (9) years relevant experience; Masters degree and seven (7) years experience; PhD and four (4) years experience.
- Demonstrated 3+ years experience in a DoD role
- Experience supporting weapons system integration activities
- Familiarity with baseline management activities
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and risk analysis to operational systems
- Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible requirements with the judgment to know when to initiate needed corrective actions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex topics and information with technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment to know how to navigate and resolve challenging situations
- Ability to work cross-organization coordination efforts and engage directly with senior DoD personnel and industry executives.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills. Candidate may need to lead high-level working group meetings and deliver briefings to top program leadership
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Minimum Secret clearance required to start with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Background in Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC) Technologies
- Experience with DOORs and Digital Engineering tools (i.e., Rhapsody, Cameo Magic Draw)
- Experience with weapons system development
- Prior support for DoD Transition Readiness Level (TRL) assessments and Transition Readiness Agreements (TRAs)
- Combat Systems Experience (Army/Navy) - Navy Aegis
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.