SAIC is seeking a Senior Principal Software Engineer to join the Joint Range Extension (JRE) software development team in San Diego, CA (this is a Hybrid/ Remote role). The ideal candidate will have experience on server-side Kotlin/Java Developer. You will be working with our Agile development team to develop new code and enhance our existing codebase as we expand and improve JRE capabilities. JRE is a combat proven datalink gateway used by the U.S. and our allies to extend the reach of tactical data across the battlespace and around the globe.
- Server-side development in Kotlin and Java, contributing to the improvement and enhancement of JRE by re-implementing legacy capabilities and adding new features. The technology stack includes the Spring and related frameworks.
- Participation in the design and development of message translation frameworks.
- Architecting and designing advanced tactical message routing and filtering capabilities.
- Redesigning and modularizing tactical message origination frameworks, along with frameworks to support Link 16 functional areas, such as C2 processing, non-C2 mission prosecution, and text message and imagery relay.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years related experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Test-driven development experience.
- Strong object-oriented design skills, including familiarity with standard design patterns and code smells, and the SOLID and similar OOD principles.
- Able to obtain a Secret Clearance after start
- Experience with Dependency Injection (Spring or JSR-330).
- RESTful and message-oriented API design experience.
- Experience with Kotlin, or a strong desire to learn and apply the language.
- Experience working within Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Experience with Dependency Injection and the Spring family of frameworks, including Spring Boot, Spring WebFlux, SpringMVC, and Spring Security.
- Experience with network programming in Java/Kotlin, networking protocols, and the low-level processing of binary data.
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design.
- Experience working in a large codebase, along with the application of modular design approaches.
- Ability to work effectively with legacy code, including safe refactoring, and retrofitting automated unit and integration test coverage.
- Familiarity with the functional programming paradigm.
- Experience using Gradle as a build system and to manage third party dependencies in a large, multi-module project.
- Experience with IntelliJ IDEA.
- Experience with version control with Git.
- Experience with the Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo).
- Knowledge of Link 16, and familiarity with MIL-STD-6016.
- Knowledge of VMF, and familiarity with MIL-STD-6017.
- Knowledge of TAK, CoT, and other tactical data protocols and their specifications.
- Experience developing interfaces to Link 16 terminals (MIDS/JTRS/JTIDS and small-form-factor terminals such as the STT and TTR).
- Experience with JREAP beyond-line-of-sight protocols, and familiarity with MIL-STD-3011.
- Experience with military SATCOM and LOS radios such as the ARC-210/231 and the PRC-117F/G.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.