Job ID: 2401703
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is the premier Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) integrator with expertise in transforming legacy command and control systems into a modern hybrid cloud environment to accelerate decision making and increase mission success. This new program is part of a broader effort to provide a tactical operational picture aligned with the JADC2 and Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) to adapt to new and emerging threats.
SAIC is seeking an experienced Systems Architect in support of our United States Air Force customer. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in the development and implementation of complex systems by ensuring that all project requirements are thoroughly understood, documented, and effectively communicated throughout the project lifecycle. Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and analyze system requirements. Translate system requirements into technical specifications and system design; make recommendations for technology adoption or upgrades. Apply model-based system engineering (MBSE) to define system functions and develop functional and performance requirements. Translates the clients business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex solutions and integrating architecture. May include analysis of transition planning, intelligence information requirements, and may develop architecture baselines. Assists with and leads development of integration, migration plans/schedules. Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems. May support ISR and C4ISR programs/clients/systems. Supports business process improvements or systems analysis for missions, systems, and fiscal requirements.
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
· Support Systems Engineering team by provide engineering and capability expertise to determine overall feasibility of target technologies and coordinate all development and integration efforts with Vendor support.
· Support Integration team by providing modernization approaches to decouple tightly coupled software/systems architecture.
· Support technical design and implementation of the overall TOC-L baseline to mature integration of both HW and Software Government Furnished Equipment (GFX)
· Provide system of system (SoS) engineering and support which will include participation in all technical reviews, design reviews, technical exchange meetings (TEMs), and technical working groups.
· Develop, review and evaluate engineering change proposals, white papers, interface change requests, design options, design specification changes, interface specifications, and system engineering documents.
· Perform requirements analysis, maintain traceability requirements to design
· Experience in architecting a complex command and control system
· Experience with Software Communications Architectures (SCA)
· Experience with Open Mission Systems/Universal Command and Control Interface (OMS UCI) 2.0+ compliance
· Experience with implementing Micro-Service Plugin based architectures (Service Mesh, API Gateway, ISTIO, Consul)
· Experience with developing Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
· Experience with Relational and Non-Relational Database (MySQL, NoSQL DB, EDB, Accumulo)
· Experience with Data Ingest tools, Kafka (Queues, Topics, Steams), RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
· Experience working in an Agile framework and/or DevOps methodologies.
· Must be able to align mission requirements to system design
· Proven experience in system architecture design and implementation.
· Experience in DoDAF, SysML and UML modeling, simulation, and analysis
· Proficiency using DOORS or other requirements management tool
· Excellent written and oral (briefing) communication skills
· Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools
· Familiarity with relevant industry standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO/IEC 15288, INCOSE).
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.