Job ID: 2401666
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Transition Engineer to join our diverse PNT Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) team. The successful candidate will collaborate and communicate with the SE&I team to provide transition and systems engineering expertise to help the Government successfully deliver and transition Programs of Record to Operations.
The PNT SE&I Team provides Space Systems Command (SSC) specialized engineering, analysis, planning and execution in support of Global Positioning System (GPS) Programs of Record (PoRs) and the PNT Enterprise.
Major duties of this position include:
· Plans, integrates and makes technical recommendations in the execution of GPS Transition to Operations activities to create a seamless transition from Operation Control System (OCS) to Next Generation Operational Control System (OCX) and GPS IIIF satellites
· Manages transition risks and drafts transition risks and opportunities for OCS, GPS IIIF, and OCX through the formal GPS Enterprise Risk Boards
· Organizes and leads technical interchange meetings to determine activities and technical work necessary to support transition such as offline tools, comparison tool implementation, and creation of government transition procedures.
· Represents Transition Team and provides technical recommendations and system expertise support to capability Integrated Product Teams.
· Integrates & makes technical recommendations and plans for: OCS, GPS SV Sustainability Modifications & Upgrades, GPS IIIF, OCX, and OCX3F
· Develops, plans, and manages operational suitability and readiness programs for OCS, GPS IIIF, and OCX, in support of current and future on-orbit operations
· Experience in military and/or space systems operations, transition to operations, acquisition, sustainment, and/or development
· PNT or GPS experience highly desired
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.