Job ID: 2401643
Location: PHOENIX, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2024
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Computer Operator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
We are looking Full-time, Remote Pilot Operator (RPO) candidates to join the SAIC Controller Training Solutions (CTS) team at the Phoenix TRACON (P50), in Phoenix, AZ, supporting air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
The RPO plays the role of the pilot and other controllers in the Air Traffic Controller training simulator. The RPO operates a combination of a simulated radar display and voice communication system to simulate the actions and communication of pilots and remote ATC facilities during medium and high-fidelity training exercises. RPOs receive voice commands from students, input proper entries into the automated system to simulate pilot actions, translate displayed information into appropriate ATC terminology, and respond to the student via the VCS utilizing proper phraseology.
The candidate will be required to complete the following certifications: Classroom (pass test on airspace and procedures) and Lab (perform as a Remote Pilot Operator on all positions).
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility. The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day.
To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities.
· Candidates for this position must have a minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent) and demonstrate basic computer proficiency. Candidates must possess an ability to read and interpret materials such as diagrams and manuals and have the ability to speak clearly and be understood.
· US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Experience working in a multidisciplinary team (Multimedia Developers, Quality Assurance, Instructions System Designers, Subject Matter Experts, Instructors)
· Experience and certification in ATC Tower, TRACON or En Route simulation lab is strongly desired, but not required
· Effective oral and written communications skills
· Working knowledge of the FAAO JO 7110.65 is strongly desired, but not required
· Effective team building skills
· MS Office Suite Proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
· Basic familiarization of current technologic tools (tablets, notebooks, applications, etc.)
Basic familiarization or experience with pilot/controller communications or phraseology
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.