SAIC is seeking an RF Systems Engineer to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
The Electronic Warfare changes today require focus in Radio-Frequency, RF software in the loop (SIL) and hardware-in the loop (HWIL) simulators, and radar development. The candidate selected for this position will support projects for the Dept of Defense.
- Performing systems requirements evaluation, functional studies, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Promote development of innovative approaches, solutions, and architecture development.
- Frequent interaction with the customer through in-process reviews, customer visits.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of radar fundamentals (familiarity with X-band radar)
- Familiarity in Microsoft Visual Studio, MATLAB, C++ language and hardware /software in the loop systems.
- Familiarity with software development, integration, and test and as well as requirements development and verification (modeling and simulation background a plus).
- Candidate will work with multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement test procedures and test procedures and test platforms for a variety of hardware.
- Candidate will promote tasks such as review and approval of engineering drawings, bills of materials, and creating work instructions; participation in design reviews; and design and execution of manufacturing test activities.
- Work closely with integration teams to ensure HW/SW design for testability has been considered.
- Develop use case definitions, capability roadmaps, and overarching guidance
- Develop and maintain Architecture Definition, Documentation and Planning
- Ability to partner with customer, stakeholders, subcontractors, and integrator team members to bring solution options and drive decisions on the way ahead to meet customer needs.
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning, and integration.
- Comprehend and teammate technology competencies
- Review and assess vendor and subcontractor proposed hardware solutions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (or related technical discipline) and fourteen (14) years of relevant work history; Master's degree and twelve (12) years of related work.
- Experience in materials, production, and configuration management history
- Experience with development, documenting, and executing test processes and procedures for electronic and electro-magnetic products.
- Knowledge in implementing risk and engineering change management
Systems to be tested include analog, mixed-signal, and RF applications.
- Interim secret clearance required to start with the ability to obtain up to Top secret Clearance. SAIC will sponsor the clearance process
- Prior work with range testing
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customer's missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.