SAIC is seeking a Facilities Engineer with expertise in mechanical systems to support our mission in Harrogate, England. This position requires an ability to obtain an active TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph.
SAIC provides full-service facility management support to a major organization in the Intelligence community. We conduct end-to-end project management and facility engineering functions for locations throughout the world. In this role, you will act as an interface between the on-site government facilities management organization, design and construction contractors, Site Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support contractor, local utilities and all other customers and stakeholders on matters related to customer requirements, project prioritization and execution. You will be responsible for overseeing the five phases of the project life cycle to include requirements development, programming, design, construction, and closeout. You will focus on the construction, recapitalization, and planning of mechanical systems as well as other types of projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the liaison, reporting to and coordinating with Government representatives at multiple levels.
- Oversee the Site O&M support contractor or the A/E during project execution to ensure that customer requirements are accomplished on time, to the specified quality and within budget.
- Coordinate with the facilities O&M support contractor for resource allocation and document control.
- Ensuring that the Government receives valid cost proposals.
- Develop and report on metrics to support the paradigm of continuous improvement.
- Plan, monitor, coordinate and execute complex engineering tasks including the technical and quality targets of multimillion dollar projects.
- Develop and manage mechanical engineering project plans, conduct design reviews, and coordinate design approvals including RFI's and submittals.
- Develop status reports and modify plans or schedules, as necessary, to ensure contract parameters are met.
- Supervise, plan and actively participate in the Factory Acceptance Test and Integrated Factory Acceptance Tests with customers.
- Participate in root cause analysis following a mechanical anomaly across the Enterprise.
- Create and monitor the adherence to facilities operations standards across the Enterprise.
- Ability to achieve an active TS/SCI clearance with Poly.
- A Bachelor's degree with 5 years professional experience or Master's degree with 3 years professional experience. Note: Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of facility operations & maintenance activities and procedures.
- Experience campus-wide water distribution systems (chilled, domestic, etc.), associated pumps, and other HVAC equipment.
- Understanding of Critical Infrastructure and ability to assess reliability based on reviewing historical data, reports, or interviewing technical/non-technical personnel familiar with such assets or components (i.e. power generators, utility production and distribution, chilled water plants, data centers, etc.).
- Ability to estimate and produce a rough order of magnitude (ROM) cost estimates for facility project planning and programming.
- Demonstrated experience with project and construction estimating.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/taskings and competing resources.
- Demonstrated project management skills associated with managing performance, budget, schedules, and adhering to control gates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to team with industry partners.
- Experience related to low and medium voltage power distribution systems in commercial and/or industrial facilities.
- Understanding of ICS/SCADA systems and electronic controls, energy monitoring and control systems (EMCS).
- Understanding of quality management principles to include quality assurance and quality control.
- Understanding of and experience in reliability centered maintenance, predictive maintenance principles and practices.
- Experience with data centers.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.