Job ID: 2401301
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a ATR Research Analyst who will delve into the critical examination of Automatic Target Recognition technology within automated collection systems. The analysis will determine the necessity and impact of ATR in enhancing the efficiency and accuracy of these systems. The ATR Research Analyst will be responsible for conducting a comprehensive study to assess whether ATR is an indispensable component in the automation loop, based on empirical findings and strategic assessments. It is expected that this study will be broken into phases as defined in the Key Responsibilities below, with the person/people in the position additionally responsible, as per the Research Framework Document deliverable, for developing a schedule for each phase of delivery, with final delivery expected by the end of current period of performance or any follow-on period of performances. To keep the research as unbiased as possible, it is expected that this position will be conducted from an offsite location.
· Research Design: Develop a robust research framework to evaluate the role and effectiveness of ATR in automated collection systems.
· Data Analysis: Analyze current automated collection loops to understand the integration and performance of ATR technologies.
· Comparative Studies: Compare systems with and without ATR capabilities to assess the impact on operational efficiency and intelligence gathering.
· Strategic Assessment: Evaluate the strategic advantages and potential drawbacks of implementing ATR within various automated collection contexts.
· Documentation: Prepare a detailed study report that outlines findings, conclusions, and recommendations regarding the necessity of ATR.
· Presentation: Present the study's findings to stakeholders, providing actionable insights and guiding future technology investments.
· Experience in defense technology research, with a focus on automated systems and target recognition.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex technical data.
· Knowledge of current ATR technologies and their applications within automated collection systems.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for reporting and presenting research findings.
· A strategic thinker with the ability to assess long-term implications of technology integration.
Your research will provide a decisive answer to the question of ATR's necessity in automated collection loops, influencing the direction of future technology development and deployment. Your findings will serve as a cornerstone for decision-making processes regarding the integration of ATR technology, potentially shaping the future of automated intelligence collection.
· ATR Research Framework Document: Develop and submit a detailed ATR research framework document within the first month of appointment, outlining the methodologies and criteria for evaluating ATR technology.
· Monthly Data Analysis Reports: Provide monthly reports on the analysis of current automated collection systems, focusing on the integration and performance of ATR technologies.
· Comparative Study Papers: Complete at least two comparative study papers per year, contrasting systems with and without ATR capabilities, highlighting their impact on operational efficiency and intelligence gathering.
· Strategic Assessment Reports: Produce biannual strategic assessment reports evaluating the advantages and potential drawbacks of ATR implementation in various contexts, providing a comprehensive view of its strategic impact.
· Comprehensive Study Report: Prepare an in-depth study report annually, summarizing findings, conclusions, and recommendations on the necessity of ATR in automated collection systems.
· Stakeholder Presentation Material: Develop and deliver presentation materials for stakeholder meetings, ensuring that the findings and insights are communicated effectively and can guide future technology investments.
· Technology Integration Impact Analysis: Conduct and document an annual impact analysis of ATR technology integration, assessing its long-term implications on automated intelligence collection.
· Feedback and Recommendations File: Maintain a file of feedback from stakeholders and operational teams, using it to refine future research and provide targeted recommendations on ATR technology deployment.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.