Job ID: 2401417
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Big Data Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Data Conditioning Specialist who will play a crucial role in the preparation of real-world datasets for the deployment of cognitive agents. The primary responsibility will be to ensure that data is accurately identified, collected, fused, conditioned, and formatted to meet the stringent requirements of automated analytics and machine learning models. The Data Conditioning Specialist will be tasked with the critical job of transforming raw data into a refined form that cognitive systems can utilize effectively. Because this role supports a wide range of the office’s experiments, it is expected that the requirement for this role will not end sooner than the end of current period of performance or any follow-on period of performances. In order to get the widest range of useful data, it is expected that the individual will operate at an offsite location.
· Data Identification: Scour various data sources to locate and identify relevant datasets that can be leveraged for cognitive computing.
· Data Collection: Implement robust data collection strategies to gather comprehensive datasets while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the data.
· Data Fusion: Integrate data from disparate sources, creating a cohesive and comprehensive dataset that provides a unified view for analysis.
· Data Conditioning: Employ advanced data cleansing and preprocessing techniques to remove errors, fill in missing values, and correct inconsistencies in the dataset.
· Data Formatting: Format and structure the data in a way that is compatible with automated analytics tools and cognitive agent frameworks.
· Documentation and Reporting: Develop detailed reports outlining the data input requirements, pedigree, and conditioning processes, providing clear guidelines for the deployment of cognitive agents on real-world data.
· Proven experience in data analysis, data mining, or a related field.
· Strong understanding of data preprocessing and conditioning techniques.
· Familiarity with machine learning concepts and the requirements for training data.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to document processes and prepare detailed reports.
· Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience or 3 years with a Masters
Active TS/SCI w/Poly
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.