SAIC has an immediate need for a Software Engineering Manager to support the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) team onsite at S3I/Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama.
Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) is a highly mobile rocket artillery system that fires surface-to-surface rockets for the US Army
Technical Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee one or more software development teams, providing technical leadership throughout the software development lifecycle of requirements, design, code and testing of the system
- Act as Product Owner for 2-3 teams to track cross-team dependencies and resolve barriers
- Facilitate Defect Triage meetings and manage the Issue Analysis process
- Conduct key formal peer reviews, collect key metrics to facilitate a learning organization
- Ensure Definition-of-Ready and Definition-of-Done criteria being met
- Facilitate common software requirements analysis across multiple projects
- Assist Chief Software Engineer and Technical Program Managers with overall continuous technical process improvements
- Perform workforce management and training for the software development team, including recruitment, hiring, training, mentoring, career development, and performance management
Leadership and Management Responsibilities:
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- Experience leading multiple related projects in various stages of lifecycle through a rigorous engineering process
- Develop schedules to plan, execute, and monitor software development activities
- Experience interfacing with other functional leads from Systems and Test Engineering
- Experience with Agile Toolsets for managing teams, tasks, user stories, and epics
- Experience adapting/tailoring processes to Agile/Lean principles
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree with fourteen (14) plus years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance prior to employment; must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance to maintain employment.
- In-depth Software engineering experience, preferably with C++ and other Object Oriented Languages
- Object Oriented Design methods and practices
- Knowledge of and experience in Agile technical practices
- Experience with various development environments, versioning tools, and Source Code Managment (SCM)
- Knowledge of Software Architecture and Safety concerns
- Attention to detail and assertive communication skills
- Systems thinker who views engineering organizations and the SDLC holistically from a system perspective with inputs and outputs
- Experience with Distributed Embedded Systems
- Azure DevOps Services
- Automated testing methodologies and tooling
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.