Job Summary: Responsible for setting up, installing, operating, testing and troubleshooting of audio and video equipment and conference room computers and AV peripherals.
Job Description/Primary Responsibilities:
- Set up and install AV equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables meetings and presentations.
- Set up and operate video and sound equipment.
- Work closely and coordinate with meeting organizer and users in preparation for the meeting.
- Monitor sound and video feeds to ensure quality and uninterrupted flow of the meeting or presentation.
- Ensure AV equipment including conference room computers are maintained and up-to-date with patches and updates.
- Conduct (outside of Standard Business Hours, if needed) physical weekly inspections of AV and conference room equipment in all conference rooms and provide weekly report of testing conducted and results.
- Fix inoperable or malfunctioning equipment, or, if unable, escalate Service Request to appropriate Vendor
- Attend FERC Hearings, monthly FERC Meetings, and technical conferences to provide technical support as needed.
- Coordinate with client COR and collaborate with 3rd party vendor for service calls and or warranty repairs of equipment.
- Maintain inventory of AV equipment and peripherals
- Monitor ticketing system queue for AV meetings and requests for AV equipment.
Core Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Provide technical expertise for operating and maintaining audio/video, live broadcasting, webcasting, and conferencing systems for Commission meetings, public hearings and, technical conferences.
- Experience with Crestron, Cisco, Extron, SMART Technologies and Polycom equipment as well as virtual meeting platforms including but not limited to: - Webex - Teams - Zoom
- Experience running audio/video control boards for live meetings as well as managing virtual components.
- Experience with live broadcast including streaming and TV/radio interviews and working with outside press.
- Strong customer service skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work within tight, shifting deadlines.
- Effective time management in support of project and operational reporting.
- Critical Thinking in support of logical identification, trouble shooting, and resolution of A/V issues.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and collaborate with individual A/V and IT vendors in support of complex conferencing systems.
- Ability to read and decipher Visio line drawings for the visualization of signal flow.
- Experience in planning, upgrading and maintaining version control of A/V devices as well as security patching as required.
- Experience in planning and executing preemptive maintenance on A/V systems as well planning and conducting daily system health checks to ensure user operability.
- Active-Learning is required as AV systems, support vendors, and related components change, new systems are added, and customer requirements evolve.
- Bachelors and two years or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain Public Trust
- Experience: 5-or more years of relevant experience
- Certification: Any AV or vendor specific training (Crestron, etc.) and certification is highly desirable.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.