Senior government affairs professional responsible for overseeing development and execution of the company's legislative and other government affairs outreach in support of current and proposed programs with the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy. Position involves registration as a lobbyist.
Candidate must be able to:
- Develop in-depth understanding of company’s business base in the defense and intelligence sectors.
- Build strong relationship with customer group and service line leaders
- Support development and execution of strategies to advance enterprise business objectives.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key Members of Congress and their staffs, and Executive Branch personnel, particularly in the defense and intelligence agencies and organizations.
- Advocate on behalf of the company with federal officials to advance business objectives
- Support the Political Action Committee through strategic planning, fundraising, and attendance at events
- Represent SAIC in the federal customer community professionally, respectfully, and dynamically
- Research, analyze, and evaluate proposed and existing legislation and other government actions with the potential to affect the company’s business objectives
- Educate company employees about congressional and agency actions affecting business interests
- Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of enterprise goals and objectives
- Ensure all government affairs activities are conducted in an ethical and legal manner
- Support the company Strategic Advisory Board as necessary
- Bachelor's degree and 15 years of experience working in government affairs or equivalent functions.
- In depth knowledge of Department of the Navy strategies, policies, and priorities. Experience working and communicating with senior Department of the Navy and Defense officials.
- Experience working on Capitol Hill, preferably on a committee with jurisdiction over related authorization or appropriations, or on personal staff in a capacity involving related issues. Alternatively, consideration for working in DoD/DoN legislative liaison offices with considerable interaction with Congressmembers and committee staff.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed on a regular basis.
- Ability to obtain/maintain appropriate clearances.
Target salary range: $200,001 - $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.