Job ID: 2401277
Location: AUSTIN, TX, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Ops
Shift: Night Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Cyber Incident Response (CIR) Tier II Analyst interested in joining our Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) team in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This is a Third Shift Position (11pm – 7am). (This is a 24/7/365 environment. Some weekends and holidays are possibly required per your schedule).
This is an onsite position working in either Martinsburg, WV or Austin, TX
· Perform real-time monitoring and triage of security alerts in Cybersecurity toolsets including SIEM, and EDR
· Make accurate determination of what alerts are false positives or require further investigation and prioritization
· Lead and actively participate in the investigation, analysis, and resolution of cybersecurity incidents. Analyze attack patterns, determine the root cause, and recommend appropriate remediation measures to prevent future occurrences
· Ensure accurate and detailed documentation of incident response activities, including analysis, actions taken, and lessons learned. Collaborate with knowledge management teams to maintain up-to-date incident response playbooks
· Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including forensics, threat intelligence, IT, and network administrators. Clearly communicate technical information and incident-related updates to management and stakeholders
· Identify and action opportunities for tuning alerts to make the incident response team more efficient
· Monitor the performance of security analytics and automation processes regularly, identifying areas for improvement and taking proactive measures to enhance their efficacy
· Leverage Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) platforms to streamline and automate incident response processes, including enrichment, containment, and remediation actions
· Support the mentoring and training of more junior IR staff
· Stay informed about the latest cybersecurity threats, trends, and best practices. Actively participate in cybersecurity exercises, drills, and simulations to improve incident response capabilities
Required Education and Experience:
· 3+ years of experience supporting incident response in an enterprise-level Security Operations Center (SOC)
· A deep understanding of cybersecurity principles, incident response methodologies, and a proactive mindset to ensure our SOC operates effectively in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong experience with security technologies, including SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, and network monitoring tools
· Experience with enterprise ticketing systems like ServiceNow
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment to identify errors, pinpoint root causes, and devise solutions with minimal oversight.
· Ability to learn and function in multiple capacities and learn quickly.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.