Job ID: 2401252
Location: CAMBRIDGE, MA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Subcategory: Cyber Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a Security Engineer – Lead requiring a Position of Public Trust clearance located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In this role, you will be responsible for a wide range of functions associated with implementing, enhancing, operating, and maintaining a variety of information technology systems, including network and communications capabilities, for administrative management of the Volpe Center and mission support for various federal agencies.
Job Role Specific Requirements:
Core responsibilities and duties; highlight day-to-day activities:
Perform a variety of duties in support Information Security Management in the areas of System Administration, Network Engineering and Data Center Operations.
· Participate in initiatives and projects to strengthen, facilitate, and integrate Information System and Network security programs. Undertakes or participates in special projects, ongoing analyses, investigations and initiatives that have high priority for supervisors and management, such as producing complex written reports or working on cross-agency activities.
· Utilize skills covering a wide range of technologies and supporting systems. Participate with other Information Technology Specialists in supervising the administration, security, and continuous operation of computer systems and network infrastructure of the Volpe Center.
· Implement and/or manage processes that integrate hardware, software, components, systems, subsystems, and/or services to delivery information security services. Assists other technical staff members in compliance and/or mitigation services.
· Understand FISMA requirements and respond to audit requests as requested by the ISSM.
· Configure and use software intended to ensure that automated systems are secure from unauthorized use, viral infection, and other problems that would compromise sensitive information in terms of confidentiality, integrity, and availability, or would compromise other aspects of overall system security.
· Use judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness when occasionally called to work creatively to modify, adapt, and/or refine responses to resolve specific complex and/or intricate issues and problems; treat specific issues or problems and/or research trends and patterns.
Must be knowledgeable in technology related to securing digital information and computer systems, with specialized knowledge of microcomputers, computer workstations, peripheral devices, networking hardware and software, data communication, software utilities, operating systems, system interfaces and commercially available application software, and information security policies –procedures and best practices.
· Have specific knowledge in the area of Information Technology Security, including:
o Information Systems security regulations, procedures and policies, including those related to NIST and FISMA standards.
o IT hardware, software, components, systems, and/or subsystems, including all widely distributed operating systems, local and wide area network operations technologies and internet/intranet systems technologies.
· Experience with security monitoring, analysis and remediation tools
· Vulnerability management and experience with patching and scanning tools such as BigFix and Nessus.
· Knowledge of Thycotic Privilege Manager.
· Understanding of hardware/software system operational characteristics and ability to implement appropriate security performance metrics in order to control system security and ensure continuity of operation.
· Demonstrated security risk analysis related to change management processes.
· Knowledge of end user security awareness best practices.
· Experience with the deployment of a cloud access security broker (CASB)
· Must be a confident leader and a proactive communicator.
· Able to effectively lead a small team and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Ability to interface with high level government leaders.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
Must be able to hold and maintain a Position of Public Trust High clearance and appropriate security certification credentials (eg, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), a GIAC Security Leadership Certificate (GSLC) and/or a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification)
Note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and the ability to obtain a public trust
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.