Job ID: 2401227
Location: HERNDON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The Customer accelerates mission delivery and connects mission partners with the power of commercially-driven cloud computing. The Customer brings multi-cloud solutions to mission environments, supports cloud services providers (CSPs), and offers cloud services across multiple networks.
The Contractor shall provide IT program management and systems engineering support for the Customer. The Customer’s Cloud Program Office was established to manage the contractual, technical, security and community cloud engagement activities on behalf of the Customer’s community. The Contractor shall support the oversight of infrastructure expansion projects to maintain and grow the Cloud. The Contractor shall ensure that all development and modifications to existing Customer applications comply with Customer’s security and architectural policies and regulations. The Contractor shall be required to communicate and collaborate across organizational boundaries, to include other contractor teams. The Contractor shall be required to work with Customer staff and contractor personnel, as well as external stakeholders. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
IT Program Management (~2 FTE)
a. The Contractor Team shall provide end-to-end IT project management support by planning and coordinating activities to ensure successful implementation of and execution of IT project tasks. Sample projects include, CSP service prioritization, Government Furnished Items (GFx), and strategic vendor management activities (with Customer oversight).
b. The Contractor Team shall provide a total system of systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies, and requirements.
c. The Contractor Team shall provide inputs to, or create, IT program deliverables to include documentation, briefings, summary reports, status reports, schedule estimates, and demonstrations.
d. The Contractor Team shall coordinate with other team members and ensure problem solution, appropriate risk reduction, and stakeholder satisfaction.
e. The Contractor Team, with Customer oversight, shall facilitate all control gate activities to include at a minimum; tailoring, planning for, gathering details, determining stakeholders and signatories, and conducting briefings.
f. With Customer oversight, the Contractor Team shall interact and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define program-specific requirements and resolve discrepancies between proposed plans and established standards.
g. The Contractor Team shall identify programmatic constraints, competing resource requirements, and convey well thought mitigation strategies.
h. The Contractor Team shall regularly monitor project progress and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
i. The Contractor Team shall adapt written and visual products, schematics, and processes to a wide range of customers across the Customer and the wider community.
IT Program Management Support (~.25 FTE)
a. The Contractor shall have knowledge of technical scouting.
b. The Contractor shall be familiar with strategic technical road mapping.
c. With Customer oversight, the Contractor shall facilitate technology engagement with key Customer executive leaders and other government officials. The focus of these efforts is to promote the adoption of cloud platforms and related professional services.
d. Under Customer guidance, the Contractor shall schedule meetings (at least two per month) with key decision makers and other mutually agreed on offices, departments, and entities.
e. The Contractor shall detail through written reports the latest trends and advancements of technology with a particular emphasis on SaaS/IaaS/PaaS offerings as well as cloud products and services in general to provide to the Customer.
f. The Contractor shall attend bi-monthly strategy calls to monitor the status of activities and address new opportunities.
g. The Contractor shall provide the Customer, monthly reports summarizing activities performed.
h. The Contractor shall advise the Customer and its product teams on best practices for rolling out tools and concepts.
i. The Contractor shall assist in assessing, documenting, and tracking new program requirements and follow-on technical exchange meetings (TEMs).
j. The Contractor shall facilitate and participate in meetings and information sessions; coordinate project schedules; create or distribute minutes and action items; trace action items for successful completion.
k. The Contractor shall support event coordination related to technical exchanges/cloud technology .
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience.TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience.
1. Demonstrated experience developing IT project plans.
2. Demonstrated experience developing realistic project schedules.
3. Demonstrated experience utilizing Agile development methodologies.
4. Demonstrated experience coordinating, supporting, and participating in program meetings or reviews.
5. Demonstrated experience working in a team environment with critical thinking skills.
6. Demonstrated experience with business and management principles for strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
7. Demonstrated experience monitoring project cost, schedule, and performance.
8. Demonstrated experience identifying complex problems, reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options, and implement solutions.
9. Demonstrated experience evaluating technical needs and tech scouting in a multi-cloud environment.
10. Demonstrated experience in the development of management plans and reports as well as providing written and verbal out briefs.
11. Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings.
1. Demonstrated experience working in the Customer’s domain.
2. Demonstrated experience working with cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.)
3. Demonstrated experience working in or with the Department of Defense.
4. Demonstrated experience assessing, documenting, and tracking new program requirements.
5. Demonstrated experience leading technical exchange meetings (TEMs).
6. Demonstrated experience with strategic technical road mapping.
7. Demonstrated experience with coordinating technical exchange events
8. Bachelor’s degree in related field of Business or Systems Engineering.
9. Certification(s): PMP or similar
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.