Job ID: 2401195
Location: SCOTT AFB, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Cloud Architect to support an IT Service Management effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6).
The successful candidate initiates, supervises, and/or develops requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for complex to extremely complex programs; Provides strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff; Provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development, and/or maintenance efforts for client-specific or mission critical challenges/issues; Consults with client to define needs or problems, supervises studies and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
· Providing technical leadership and hands-on development and implementation of commercial cloud solution architectures that modernize the way our customers architect, deploy, and use cloud technology, focusing on security, scalability, and resiliency
· Planning, designing, and managing the migration, re-platforming, integration, implementation and operation of our client's complex cloud environments enabling managed shared services
· Communicating, defining, administering, and implementing various security processes and assist with the transformation of platforms
· Ensuring commercial cloud service offerings (CSO) adhere to DoD Cloud Computing policy/guidelines
· Providing specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
· Developing and conducting testing of cloud and virtualization systems
· Maintaining technical expertise relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling
· Evaluating and reporting on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services
· May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA)
· Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
· Participating with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives
· Recommending/making decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
· Serving as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours. However, employee may be required to provide after-hours and weekend support during planned or emergency events.
Location: Scott Air Force Base, IL approximately 20 miles from St. Louis, MO
· Ten (10) years or more experience
· Active DoD Secret Clearance
· IAT Level III certifications (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
· Computing Environment (CE) certification or certificate for the technical area of responsibility for Cloud or virtualization (e.g., Azure, AWS, oracle, IBM, etc.) with a preference in Azure.
· Experience with Azure commercial cloud services.
· Proven track record of work experience as a cloud architect, designing and deploying cloud solutions
· Expertise in Active Directory design and maintenance
· Experience with AD trusts and replication
· Experience administering Azure Active Directory and Azure Active Directory Connect
· Demonstrated experience in one or more following activities:- IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Services (compute, storage, network, security, administration, automation, application services, databases)
· Experience using software tool(s) to document system architecture and interfaces.
· Knowledge of an IT Service Management (ITSM) tool suite.
· Experience researching and writing excellent documentation and examples for technical personnel
· Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
· Configuration and change management experience working directly with/for a Government customer
· 15 or more years of experience
· DoD TS/SCI clearance
· AWS Cloud Solutions Architect Professional Certification
· ITIL V4 Foundations Certification
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.