Job ID: 2401175
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Solutions Archt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for an experienced Innovation Manager with an active TS/SCI Eligibility who is local to the Greater Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. The successful candidate will have a history of supporting acceleration programs on behalf of the Department of Defense, specifically focused on Zero Trust, AI/ML, and cybersecurity. We will be offering a competitive compensation package, to include flextime.
An innovation manager is an employee whose responsibilities focus on the development of new products, services or processes. IT innovation is the lifeblood of the technology industry. It's the driving force that propels employees toward new discoveries, methodologies, products and services.
The selected candidate is expected to provide leadership and management of the collaborative roadmap to be developed and periodically refined for the end client. The best candidate for this work will be creative and driven to success with demonstrated experience. SAIC is looking for a bright mind that can spot inefficiencies while delivering high performance, under budget and continuously raising the moral of the team.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Develop strategic goals and objectives and oversee teams planning, implementing and realigning operational strategies to maintain a customer focused IT environment.
· Overall management of acceleration roadmap tasks performed under contract, to include all delegated programmatic and operational requirements identified as part of the scope of work.
· Act as the contract’s technical liaison for innovation (i.e. AI/ML, Zero Trust, and cloud).
· Review, refine, and/or develop a realistic but expedited roadmap to support short-turn solutions without sabotaging long-term success for the end client.
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE:
· Building and maintaining working relationships with high level DoD stakeholders, worldwide team members, and corporate partners.
· Seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation to achieve cost savings and program efficiencies across contract boundaries.
· Support on contract growth, as appropriate, in close coordination with Business Development.
· Other tasks and duties assigned as necessary to meet the requirements of successful Task Order execution.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, AI/ML or related field; Master’s Degree in related field can be substituted for 3 years’ experience, or relevant experience and combination of experience and education.
· Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
· Minimum eight (9) years’ experience in support of the development of large-scale digitalization, Zero Trust, or relevant innovation roadmaps.
REQUIRED CERTS AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrated project and/or contract management skills to successfully manage a high-performing team providing system engineering and technical services across geographically dispersed project locations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability and willingness to initiate and manage relationships across the organizations and manage relationships across the customer leadership team
· NORTHCOM, NORAD experience preferred.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.