Job ID: 2401111
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2024
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The Customer’s office collaborates with internal and external offices to curate and contextualize enterprise level information about Customer resources and activities in support of corporate metrics and increasing workforce effectiveness. The office integrates wide-ranging business data sets to create reliable and repeatable methodologies. The Customer requires data analysis support to address complex business and intelligence questions at an enterprise level and translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative.
• Use mathematical, statistical, or other scientific techniques to address business and intelligence questions.
• Utilize critical thinking and analytic judgements and apply programmatic, quantitative, and qualitative methods to identify patterns and relationships in disparate data sets.
• Obtain structured and unstructured data from multiple sources, synthesize it, and present the results effectively and concisely in written and graphic form to internal and external stakeholders.
• Interact with customers to coordinate requirements and resolve data questions.
• Work independently or as a team member to research, organize and analyze information.
• Document workflows and analytic results.
• Work on several tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
1. Demonstrated experience in two or more of the following disciplines: business analytics, statistics, data verification and validation, and data visualization.
2. Demonstrated experience applying qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods to business or intelligence problems.
3. Demonstrated experience using Tableau, Power BI, or similar interactive data visualization software.
4. Demonstrated experience transforming, manipulating, and combining data using a programming language such as Python or using a data preparation tool such as Tableau Prep Builder.
5. Demonstrated experience using SQL and Excel.
6. Demonstrated experience conveying technical concepts to nontechnical audiences both verbally and in written analytic reports.
7. Demonstrated experience creating data visualization mockups, prototypes of visualizations, documenting work processes, and effectively demonstrating products to technical and non-technical audiences.
8. Demonstrated experience interpreting data models and working with a variety of data sources and structures.
9. Demonstrated experience translating customer requirements into project or system specifications.
10. Demonstrated experience as a self-starter with the ability to decompose ambiguous problems into actionable plans.
1. Demonstrated experience with data derived from technical missions, taskings, collection, processing, analysis, or dissemination.
2. Demonstrated experience working with Sponsor business or mission data, Sponsor applications, or Sponsor database structures.
3. Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor’s data handling procedures.
4. Demonstrated experience using GitHub or similar version control systems.
5. Demonstrated experience using Python or R.
6. Bachelor's Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, or Information Systems or 4 years of relevant data analysis experience with the IC or military may substitute in lieu of degree.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.