Job ID: 2401018
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2024
Subcategory: Technical Writer/Ed
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an immediate opening for a Technical Writer and Communications Analyst to support life cycle maintenance and integrated logistics product support for US Navy systems in Virgina Beach, VA. The successful candidate will have specific, recent, and extensive experience providing life cycle support and technical writing/editing or technical system support for US Navy systems. In addition, candidates must have a thorough knowledge and documented use of software systems/databases including CMPro. The ability to exercise independent judgment while working on multiple projects of diverse scope will be key to successful performance of the task requirements associated with this position. This position involves direct contact with customers, fleet users, and demands performance that is both detail oriented and time critical.
· This position will involve being responsible for creating and preparing complex manuals and technical publications covering software, hardware, testing and various other technical areas in support of US Navy systems.
· Collection and organization of information; producing parts and systems illustrations using digital photography, three dimensional models, and/or line drawings; working directly with the customer to achieve a product that meets the contractual expectations of all parties; and coordination with a logistics support team on final product deliverables.
· Complete operation and administration manuals for hands-on equipment operation, Navy shipboard installation, and detailed troubleshooting procedures.
· Provide deliverables on hardware and software installation and configuration guides, training materials, reports, standard operating procedures, and interactive electronic documents and collections of documents, all of which must meet military standards and customer documentation standards and requirements.
· This position requires an individual who can manage multiple projects, priorities, and inputs within a functionally matrixed organization with limited supervision.
· Candidate must be able to independently plan and schedule work activities to meet work product delivery dates. Key skills include the ability to establish positive working relationships with highly technical subject matter experts to obtain data required for technical documentation development, as well as innovative research and problem-solving abilities to research sources and identify and extract relevant data from a wide variety of organizations and data repositories.
· The candidate will be expected to actively participate in technical and programmatic meetings to provide status and define technical documentation development requirements and milestones.
· The position will also involve submitting documentation for ATIS testing, requesting TMIN information and processing docs to FI.
· Reviewing ILS certifications and determining TMs that are applicable, gathering logistics products based on ILS certifications to create ILS CDs to support installs, responding to data calls, ordering nomenclature plates, proofing documents and NAVWAR cover sheets for Final Issue, applying APLs/XRIC to TMINs, updating SAILOR with documents that have been processed for Final Issue, and maintaining weekly reports for documentation.
· Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) years related experience in either Technical Writing or Technical Systems Support
· Secret Clearance or higher
· Working knowledge of US Navy and Department of Defense Logistics Systems including supply processes, provisioning, ECR process, baseline management, CDMD-OA, and ILS Certifications is helpful.
· Experience with XML and Madcap Flare a plus. Experience with or exposure to the following a plus: CMPro, TDMIS, MBPS
· The candidate needs experience being hands-on with equipment and validating/verifying procedures on hardware and software systems.
· The candidate will need excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic, willingness to learn on the job, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to adjust to constantly changing priorities and tasks, and ability to travel (5-10% of year).
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customer's missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.