The Directory Services Engineering Team is seeking an AD Sr Engineer / Architect responsible for analysis, design, and implementation coordination and tier 3 escalation support of complex, enterprise level solutions.
The staff member will work within the engineering organization, interacting with peer teams and partner groups, scaling and deploying improvement, consolidation and migration efforts within the enterprise.
This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the Active Directory, Domain controllers, group policy and a proficiency in PowerShell scripting. The candidate must have demonstrated prior and active experience in managing Active group policy and multi domain issues. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
This role may allow temporary hybrid work at the customer site with work-from-home based on customer approval and the type of work being performed.
Description of Duties
- Analysis, design, testing and deployment of Active Directory Group Policy Objects
- Translate business needs into workable solutions that meet the requirements of enterprise customers and Operations teams
- Develop standards, target states, roadmaps, effectively communicating and obtaining consensus across architecture, engineering and operations teams
- Independently manage and perform engineering role for large scale Active Directory efforts and initiatives
- Perform various functions and duties in support of audit and compliance deliverables/
- Develop detailed architecture, standards, design and implementation documentation
- Analyze current Active Directory GPOs to identify both technical and operational challenges while making recommendations and developing solutions for improvement
- Participate in or lead complex or high severity troubleshooting and incident/problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams
- Tier 3 troubleshooting including diagnosing complex replication, group policy, and multi domain issues.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ year’s recent system engineering experience or Master's degree with 8+ years. Additional training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience and confidence to be the subject matter expert (SME) for GPOs in a LARGE AD environment with the proven ability to coordinate technical efforts and resolve issues across multiple teams
- Extensive and deep knowledge of Group Policy Objects, including Group Policy precedence order and scope of management, WMI filters, Group Policy Preferences, group-based GPO filtering,
- Experience with Quest tools (ARS, etc.)
- Advanced PowerShell scripting experience and capabilities
- Strong working knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems platforms, DNS, networks, DMZs, firewalls, network security zones
- Working knowledge of third-party Group Policy management solutions
- Excellent communication skills, including proven experience effectively communicating technical challenges and solutions to peers, customers and senior management
- Expert knowledge of AD, ADFS, PKI in Windows Server Operating Systems 2012 and up.
- Experience working on on-prem and cloud platforms
- A Strong understanding of DNS Management
- Strong understanding and practical experience using of Group Policy for server management
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret
Desired Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- Microsoft MSCE certification
- Familiarity with DoS processes.
- Microsoft and/or networking certifications.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- IIS and MS SQL knowledge
- Microsoft or 3rd party management and monitoring solutions (SCCM, SCOM, others)
- Working knowledge of Certificate/CA/PKI infrastructure
- Working knowledge of LDAP and ability to comfortably construct queries
- Experience working in Azure environment
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.