Job ID: 2400890
Location: SAN BERNARDINO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a highly motivated Engineer to support the U.S. Space Force. Candidate will perform Mission Assurance and Independent Verification and Validation of launch service contractor (LSC) flight software.
This is a leadership opportunity to support the United States Space Force and there is a potential for occasional remote work.
At the San Bernardino engineering center, we are a multi-discipline team of propulsion, structures, fluid mechanics, avionics, guidance, navigation, controls, and software engineers.
The center supports the Rocket System Launch Program (RSLP) which is a United States Space Force program that provides quick access to space for other government agencies. We work with various launch vehicle contractors throughout the country and perform independent verification and validation (IV&V) of their launch vehicle designs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Mentor junior engineers in avionics concepts, processes, analyses, and tool development
· Review electrical requirements, designs, analyses, test plans, test procedures and technical reports
· Review and verify SV/LV electrical interface requirements
· Monitor avionics developmental and system test activities
· Evaluate non-conformance closures
· Perform circuit analysis to evaluate design and anomalies
· Perform pedigree review of hardware to assess for flight worthiness
· Evaluate Test-Like-You-Fly exceptions of avionics test configurations
· Perform independent analyses of avionics system
· Review radiation requirements and analysis
· Identify and assess mission risks
· Perform post flight performance analysis
· Support design reviews and technical interchange meetings
· Report analysis progress, products, and recommendations to technical staff and management, and to the customers and its contractors in technical interchanges, briefings, and reports
· Present results of avionics mission assurance to internal, independent review team
· Review and/or prepare presentations, reports, and other contract deliverables related to analyses
· Travel frequently to contractor sites
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years of related experience
· Proficiency with MATLAB and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Must have demonstrated presentation skills and experience interfacing with customer
· Position requires a proactive, self-starting, independent, flexible engineer with excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to learn new systems and tools
· Current DoD Secret (or higher) Security Clearance
· 10+ years of related experience in electrical system design, integration and test
· Understanding of missile engineering disciplines including avionics systems
· Familiarity with the Minuteman and Peacekeeper launch systems
· Experience with circuit design and fabrication including its tools
· Experience with real-time software embedded systems
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.