SAIC is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to support a DOD program in Colorado Springs, CO. Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The successful Sr. Project Manager candidate will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Direct and coordinate team activities to manage and implement Information Technology projects from initiation to final operational stage.
- Lead planning efforts and development of all project documentation, including design plans, deployment plans, schedules and test plans.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues. Undertake status review meetings among project team members and the Govt customer.
- Provide Project management services within the customers ITSM tiers 1, 2, and 3 lifecycles.
- Analyze project progress/costs and facilitate the development of recommended alternatives.
- Lead teams during project execution activities, ensure the project stays on schedule, resolve issues as they arise, and brief the customer on activities related to the project.
- Ensure integration with the O&M team and facilitate transition to sustainment upon project completion.
- Coordinate and conduct systems testing to validate functionality and to obtain customer acceptance.
- Control project requirements, scope, and change management issues.
- Assist team lead with project coordination, administrative tasks, and project cost control.
- Assist proposal team with research, coordination, documentation, and development of solutions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Current PMP certification or ability to obtain within 90 days of start.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated, proactive, organized and able to manage concurrent projects.
- Candidate must possess excellent leadership and time management skills.
- Solid ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
DESIRED CERTS AND SKILLS:
- Degree in business, computer science or IT related field.
- Understanding of networks, systems, virtual applications and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Familiarity with DOD regulations, missions and directives.
- Experience in DOD and Government contracts.
- FEDSIM Experience Preferred
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.