Job ID: 2400870
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Legal and Regulatory
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
The International Trade Compliance Senior Analyst has primary responsibility of supporting the International Trade Compliance (ITC) Department. In this supporting position, the ITC Principal will work closely with SAIC’s Empowered Officials to ensure compliance with all applicable: (1) licensing and agreements activities; (2) SAIC policies and procedures; and (3) US and foreign international trade compliance legal and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate for this role will reside in the Eastern part of the US and will have the ability to travel to Corporate Headquarters in Reston, VA at least once a quarter.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Act as primary coordinator for company licensing activities, ensuring compliance with U.S. export/import laws and regulations as well as SAIC policies, instructions and manuals.
• Coordinating closely with the ITC Empowered Officials on all export and import related matters.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in providing guidance to internal customers on all matters concerning export/import activities.
• Support centralized licensing processes by reviewing, editing, submitting and providing feedback to internal customers for all U.S government licensing activities, including but not limited to U.S Department of Commerce, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Treasury.
• Ensure practical due diligence is conducted on international business transactions.
• Remain current with U.S. government policies, regulations, procedures including Federal Register Notices and Export Control Reforms and assist in implementing SAIC and U.S. Government updates and changes within the company.
• Assist in developing international trade compliance training as well as conduct required training to all identified personnel and programs including general, specific and targeted export/import compliance training.
• Assist in developing, managing, and maintaining international trade compliance with policies, procedures, and instructions for compliance with import and export laws, regulations, administrative practices, and supply chain security.
• Assist in the verification of SAIC’s trade compliance program through assessments, spot checks, investigations, and resulting disclosures- further coordinating with International Programs and USG Enforcement (DDTC, OFAC, BIS, Customs, Census) to ensure compliance priorities are effectively managed and best practices are implemented.
• Manage entries within OCR to ensure active tracking of assigned Corrective Actions.
• Support physical export/import transactions through review, edit/comment and approval of invoices, shipping documentation and AES entries, closely coordinate with internal transportation/logistics personnel on movement of equipment as well as with brokers and freight forwarders.
• Support the mitigation of risk to SAIC in the Merger & Acquisition (M&A) process for potential owned or controlled entities through the verification of trade compliance practices.
• Collaborate across ITC and SAIC to identify gaps and implement process improvements to promote customer-focused, compliance-driven international operations.
• Maintain regulatory required and other appropriate records and documentation in an organized an easily searchable format.
• Respond timely to ad hoc inquiries regarding International Trade Compliance.
• Produce and coordinate communications and associated outreach (‘marketing’) for ITC.
• Develop and manage outreach platforms as training tools and one-stop shops for reference documents, regulatory updates, and relevant information.
• Manage and meet multiple goals, plans and milestones.
• Assist in other International Trade Compliance initiatives as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree with 6+ years’ experience in export/import regulatory compliance related roles, or a Master's Degree with 4+ years of experience. An additional 4+ years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Proven practical experience and understanding of U.S. Government Regulations to include: International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customers and Border Protection. regulations, Office of Foreign Asset Controls, and Federal Trade Regulations.
• Strong leadership and strong commitment to integrity and professionalism.
• Regularly exercises independent judgment in determining the reliability of data reviewed.
• Capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure and the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
• Demonstrated Initiative with engaging internal clients and program leadership creating compliant solutions for internal customers.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to gain the cooperation of others.
• Must be comfortable consulting or receiving concerns with employees company-wide to ensure objectivity and timely response while operating in a confidential environment.
• Must be comfortable with training multiple audiences and attendees.
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain TS/SCI.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.