Job ID: 2400792
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is the premier Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) integrator with expertise in transforming legacy command and control systems into a modern hybrid cloud environment to accelerate decision making and increase mission success. This new program is part of a broader effort to provide a tactical operational picture aligned with the JADC2 and Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) to adapt to new and emerging threats.
SAIC is seeking an experienced System Engineer Lead in support of our United States Air Force customer. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in large, complex system of systems design, development, and integration projects. The Systems Engineer Lead candidate will conduct a range of modeling, simulation, and analysis in areas such as operational mission scenarios, maneuvers, and situational awareness. Develop and mature analysis system and software tools. Provide technical expertise in the modeling and analysis of military systems and their broader system-of-systems architectures. Conduct trade studies and comparative performance assessments of system and architecture alternatives to inform customer investment decisions/recommendations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Master’s degree and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
· Apply model-based system engineering (MBSE) to define system functions and develop functional and performance requirements. Apply model-based system engineering (MBSE) to develop architectural views using DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM) and Sytems Modeling Language (SysML).
· Analyze MBSE models to derive mission threads and use cases to aid in system-level verification planning. Lead subject matter experts, stakeholders, and customers throughout the process of developing and coordinating system level specifications.
· Identify proposed changes to technical baseline documents (i.e., interface documents, specifications documents, architecture products). Prepare and present engineering analysis, gaps, and recommendations to senior leadership and/or design reviews. Prepare system and design review packages. Develop and implement metrics to measure product quality and development performance.
· Technical Management and execution of engineering activities, from requirements analysis through design and verification and validation.
· Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models via MBSE tools.
· Develop traceability relationships from Systems Engineering artifacts to Agile Engineering artifacts like Epics, features and user stories.
· Experience working in an Agile team/framework is required
· Mission Engineering Experience
· Leading and executing design reviews including SRR, SFR, PDR, CDR.
· Provide thought leadership and innovative solution design addressing the operational mission.
· Experience in DoDAF, SysML and UML modeling, simulation, and analysis.
· Proficiency using DOORS or other requirements management tool.
· Proven ability to interact effectively with colleagues.
· Excellent written and oral (briefing) communication skills.
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams.
· Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools.
· Experience with MATLAB, STK, AFSIM, Simulink, Model Center, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools.
· Provide mentorship and technical leadership to a team of systems engineers.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.