Job ID: 2400798
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Config Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is the premier Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) integrator with expertise in transforming legacy command and control systems into a modern hybrid cloud environment to accelerate decision making and increase mission success. This new program is part of a broader effort to provide a tactical operational picture aligned with the JADC2 and Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) to adapt to new and emerging threats. This next generation approach shall employ the latest advancements across the technology spectrum and distributed architectures to deliver a cutting-edge approach.
SAIC is seeking an experienced Configuration Management Engineer in support of our United States Air Force customer. The ideal candidate will require experience in weapon system design, development, configuration management, architecture, and large distributed compute platforms.
In support of the government customer, the SAIC Program Manager, and the Chief Engineer; the Configuration Manager is responsible for baseline control and managing product design changes and the effects of the overall system. Assist in documenting and tracking all aspects of system development and modifications for each Configuration Item (CI) in accordance with change processes and tools. Prepares configuration verification audits (including PCA/FCA) for all programs. Configuration management of repositories, hardware and software CIs and track technical data packages. Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations. Prepares deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met. Facilitates and reviews all issued document change requests, document change notices and associated drawings for accuracy, completeness, and proper signatures. Tracking CDRL Submittal and subsequent resubmittals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and nine (9) years or more experience; Master’s degree and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
· Prepares deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met.
· Experience with CMPro, Confluence, and JIRA.
· Reviews all issued document change requests, document change notices and associated drawings for accuracy, completeness, and proper signatures.
· Structures and maintains databases. Submits engineering changes to customers for review and approval; maintains records and submit reports regarding status.
· Prepares configuration verification audit record sheets for all programs.
· Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
· Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
· Establishes and recommends changes to policies, which affect subordinate organization(s).
· Develops technical solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
· Experience identifying, organizing, and coordinating software and hardware configuration changes for version management, system build, backup and recovery, archiving, and change management.
· Oversee the establishment of baseline configurations for applications, software, and hardware assets.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.