Job ID: 2400796
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Digital Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is the premier Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) integrator with expertise in transforming legacy command and control systems into a modern hybrid cloud environment to accelerate decision making and increase mission success. This new program is part of a broader effort to provide a tactical operational picture aligned with the JADC2 and Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) to adapt to new and emerging threats. This next generation approach shall employ the latest advancements across the technology spectrum and distributed architectures to deliver a cutting-edge approach.
SAIC is seeking an experienced Digital Engineer (DE) in support of our United States Air Force customer. The position requires an individual with strong technical project management skills. The successful candidate will have excellent communication, team skills and DoD Program Management experience. They will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short deadlines.
The DE will apply systems engineering, systems modeling, product lifecycle management, modeling and simulation, and related techniques, tools, and methodologies to construct, steward, curate, and leverage end-to-end digital content for client programs. Design and implement digital thread strategies to connect and synchronize data across the entire product development lifecycle. This position supports the Run-Ahead Team, which is designed to enable rapid flow of capability, design efforts, MBSE, modeling and simulation, and maintain Reference Implementation/Architecture using IDE 3 to 9 months ahead of the capability providers. These teams' outputs will enable the solutions roadmap for the capability providers, and ensure dependencies, priorities, and adaptations are in alignment for rapid development flow.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and nine (9) years or more experience; Master’s degree and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
· Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF).
· Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Magic Draw, Rational Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools.
· Proficient with Digital Engineering tools and procedures, specifically Cameo and Teamwork Cloud.
· Working knowledge of systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operations, interface control documents, and verification and test.
· Experience in development of digital twins
· Experience is bi directional requirements trace/verification using MBSE
· Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models.
· Ability to model hardware performance is preferred.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.