Job ID: 2400806
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is the premier Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) integrator with expertise in transforming legacy command and control systems into a modern hybrid cloud environment to accelerate decision making and increase mission success. This new program is part of a broader effort to provide a tactical operational picture aligned with the JADC2 and Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) to adapt to new and emerging threats. This next generation approach shall employ the latest advancements across the technology spectrum and distributed architectures to deliver a cutting-edge approach.
SAIC is seeking an experienced Lead Software Integration Engineer in support of our United States Air Force customer. The ideal candidate will require experience in software (SW) design, development, configuration management, architecture, and large distributed compute platforms. Prepare and present engineering analysis, gaps, and recommendations to senior leadership and/or design reviews. The ideal candidate will be required to design, develop, and implement integration solutions that allow diverse software components to work together efficiently. Lead multi-disciplinary teams to deliver integrated solution including on-prem hardware and software components.
· Experience working in an Agile team/framework is required
· Ability to analyze, groom and decompose of integration task from Epics to features to user stories.
· Support and lead software integration.
· Perform analysis on software deployment requirements and provide recommendations to hardware team
· Design and implement software integration solutions to connect diverse applications and systems.
· Develop data mapping and transformation processes to ensure data consistency and integrity across integrated systems.
· Lead integration of release train teams consisting of data management and user facing services
· Lead lab based test and integration activities
· Experience with technical presentations and engineering change process plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Master’s degree and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience
Proven background working in software integration and management with specific experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
· Experience integrating large, complex software systems comprised of inputs from numerous vendors.
· Agile methodologies such as Kanban or Scrum.
· SW development using Agile Iteration Workflow (Requirements, Development, Testing, Integration/Delivery, and Feedback).
· Full stack software development (client and server side).
· Experience with Open API specification
· Languages: Python, C/C++,php, Java Script.
· API Development with REST or SOAP.
· Streaming/Messaging tools such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or ZeroMQ.
· Databases: MYSQL, Accumolo/NOSQL DB.
· CI/CD with Jenkins, GitLab, Bitbucket, or MS Azure.
· Real-time performance budgets.
· Configuration Management Tools and best practices.
· SW Integrated Development Environments (IDE).
· Must be able to work in a large, cross functional team.
· Work Flow automation (Jenkins -automated test infrastructure).
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.