Job ID: 2400804
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is the premier Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) integrator with expertise in transforming legacy command and control systems into a modern hybrid cloud environment to accelerate decision making and increase mission success. This new program is part of a broader effort to provide a tactical operational picture aligned with the JADC2 and Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) to adapt to new and emerging threats. This next generation approach shall employ the latest advancements across the technology spectrum and distributed architectures to deliver a cutting-edge approach.
SAIC is seeking a Software Integration Engineer in support of our United States Air Force customer. The ideal candidate will require experience in software (SW) design, development, configuration management, and product development lifecycle. Candidate will work closely with product owners, development teams, and other stakeholders to design and implement integration solutions that enhance the flow and accuracy of product data throughout the team.
· Serve as the Product Owner for User Facing Services team
· Lead integration of user facing team responsible for integrating with other release train teams consisting of data management and track management
· Experience working in an Agile team/framework is required
· Ability to analyze, groom and decompose of integration task from Epics to features to user stories.
· Lead the development & test team within the release train
· Support software and hardware integration.
· Collaborate with Developers and Lead Software Integration Engineer to understand presentation layers and other map data requirements and integration needs related to product information.
· Design and implement solutions to integrate product data across various software systems and applications.
· Ensure requirements compliance
· Ensure the team executes on schedule
· Conduct code reviews for software changes, perform development testing, develop and maintain unit test procedures, provide code difference reports, and collect required software metrics.
· EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and nine (9) years or more experience; Master’s degree and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
· Proven background working in software integration with specific experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
· Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
· Knowledge of cloud platforms and services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
· Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
· Experience with ArgGIS services a plus
· Experience with presentation layer optimization
· Experience Map Servers, BaseMaps, Mapping tools
· Experience with product information management (PIM) systems.
· Product development lifecycle and track management principles.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.