Job ID: 2400812
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Hardware Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is the premier Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) integrator with expertise in transforming legacy command and control systems into a modern hybrid cloud environment to accelerate decision making and increase mission success. This new program is part of a broader effort to provide a tactical operational picture aligned with the JADC2 and Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) to adapt to new and emerging threats. This next generation approach shall employ the latest advancements across the technology spectrum and distributed architectures to deliver a cutting-edge approach.
SAIC is seeking an experienced Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer in support of our United States Air Force customer. The ideal candidate will provide senior level engineering design and architecture support to provide enterprise-level solutions using physical and virtual networking technologies, server hosting, and storage solutions. Provide white papers for technical systems solutions and incremental roadmaps. Design new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and nine (9) years or more experience; Master’s degree and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
· Knowledge and experience in network/system engineering and security, routers, switches, and VPNs.
· Experience with global network operations, network/system integration, and network/system hardware.
· Must be able to work in a multivendor network.
· Ability to support system integration, test, development, and execution of various types of complex communications systems.
· Experience with provisioning BareMetal commodity hardware
· Provide lab and site integration, test, and maintenance support.
· Ability to perform trade space for Commercial of the Shelf (COTs) products for SWaP-C analysis.
· Participate in troubleshooting systems to resolve complex issues, interact, and coordinate with engineers responsible for sustaining sub-systems
· Knowledge of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) concepts and principles.
· Experience in deriving hardware requirements
· Experience in developing drawings using AutoCAD
· Systems Engineering background with understanding of Cloud Computing Reference Architecture.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in subsystem integration is preferred
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.