Job ID: 2400809
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer with 3 to 7 years of systems engineering experience to provide data management and design review workflow oversight for an advanced satellite acquisition program. This position will also require dynamic support in other aspects of the systems engineering life-cycle (architecture studies, requirement management, design studies, integration & test, launch and operations).
The position is in Chantilly, VA involving work within the Intelligence Community that focuses on data management of large volumes of engineering deliverables from a space vehicle prime development contractor. The primary role also involves managing and overseeing systems engineering design review process workflows in JIRA. The successful applicant will work directly with multiple government customers in a program office of approximately 100 personnel (government, SETA, and FFRDC) and interact with members of the development contractor’s team. Qualified candidates must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI Polygraph (within 10 years).
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Monitor and track contract deliverables and engineering data items from the development contractor and the timely review/approval by the government program office
· Develop and/or maintain a data collaboration tool (e.g., MS Access, SharePoint, Enterprise Management and Consolidation of CDRLs [EMC2]) for access to the data items and tracking issues or approvals for each
· Manage the receipt, dissemination, review and approval of artifacts associated with major program reviews (e.g., PDR, CDR, PSR)
· Draft and coordinate timely Contracting Officer letters to the prime contractor indicating acceptability of contract deliverables
· Utilize Confluence experience to create content and manage multiple system engineering Confluence pages
· Utilize JIRA experience to create, manage, edit, and resolve workflow issues in JIRA (action item tracking, engineering review processes, etc.)
· Provide backup configuration management (CM) oversight to government and contractor activities
· Organize and/or facilitate live virtual meetings across multiple sites via IC-Connect
· Provide broad program systems engineering support including, but not limited to trade studies, requirements management, modeling and analysis, space vehicle integration, system-level and enterprise-level test, launch, and operations.
· Job is located in SAIC facility in Chantilly, VA
· Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline with five (5) years or more experience; Master's and three (3) years or more experience
· Experience using data management systems for government programs across multiple platforms and networks
· Experience with Confluence & JIRA applications including creating/maintaining/troubleshooting/using process workflows
· Ability to develop and/or tailor tools (in Excel, Access, SharePoint) to track status of government program office review of large volumes of contractor-generated engineering data items
· Familiar with systems engineering fundamentals (CM, requirements, verification, program reviews)
· Ability to work without significant supervision
· Ability to communicate and coordinate information to senior leadership and various stakeholders
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Current TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph
· Experience developing and implementing SharePoint workflows
· Experience providing administrative support for JIRA/Confluence
· Experience organizing and supporting major program reviews
· Experience and/or strong desire to work requirements management, design studies, integration & test, ground systems engineering, software development, launch and operations, root cause analysis,
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.