Job ID: 2400649
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Digital Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC seeks a Model Based Systems Engineer to support the Space Development Agency (SDA) and (USAF) in its goal of developing an interoperable system of system in a Distributed Battle Management Systems (DBMS) and Battle Management Command, Control, and Communications (BMC3) environment. The goals include achieving alignment with the Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) vision of improved information sharing, layered security, common data and architecture standards, system resiliency, faster implementation, and more effective cross-domain capabilities, including the ability for any sensor to inform any shooter across all domains.
The position requires an individual with strong technical project management skills, experience in Agile Engineering, and strong Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) skills.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication, team skills and DoD Program Management experience. They will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short deadlines and will be expected to develop a plan of action in an Agile process for their work.
The Model Based Systems Engineer will be expected to develop Reference Architectures in SysML, DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) models, and exports and views of those models for stakeholder review and understanding. The MBSE architecture will be in an integrated digital data environment (IDDE) that includes connectivity to the digital thread and other Program Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Modeling and Simulation (M&S) tools.
The successful candidate applies systems engineering, systems modeling, product lifecycle management, modeling and simulation, and related techniques, tools, and methodologies to construct, steward, curate, and leverage end-to-end digital content for client programs.
· Generating analytical modeling solutions to assess enterprise performance, identify technology gaps, creating technology roadmaps, developing requirements and specifying the operational benefits of current and future concepts based on customer approved scenarios
· Supporting requirements development, system verification, and concept of operations (CONOPS) development as well as working with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements
· Identifying needs and opportunities for independent assessment and improvement of the enterprise and/or system
· Developing modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies
· Developing DoDAF and SysML models
· Developing executable models to analyze key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system design
· Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision- makers
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and four (4) years or more experience.
· The ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
· Experience with modeling, simulation, and mission analysis techniques and tools
· Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment
· Experience with MBSE tools and techniques
· Experience with MBSE and M&S tools, such as Cameo/NoMagic, ModelCenter, Aras Innovator, Matlab, or similar
· Experience in developing APIs to connect tools in the digital thread is a plus
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.