Job ID: 2400692
Location: AURORA, CO, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an immediate opening for a Long-Haul Network Engineer with a background in Information Technology (IT) Network Engineering and Project Management to oversee the cost, schedule, and performance activities associated with procurement of Commercial Carrier long-haul circuits. The successful applicant will participate within a team of Systems Engineers and Technical Advisors (SETAs) overseeing the design, delivery, enhancement, and recapitalization of a large-scale, physical layer infrastructure. Ability to travel is a requirement of this position. The work will be performed from the Aurora, CO area. Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance with Poly is required. Targeted compensation is $125,000-$150,000..
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The successful candidate must be able to:
· Demonstrate a working level knowledge of high-speed, high-capacity optical communications systems and equipment
· Demonstrate a working level knowledge of high-speed switching layer (SONET, Carrier Ethernet) technologies and architectures
· Demonstrate a working level knowledge of installation and integration of fiber optic telecommunications systems
· Demonstrate the ability to perform requirements analysis, schedule reviews, and cost estimations
· Demonstrate the ability to conduct risk assessments and analysis of current and proposed architectures
· Develop circuit specifications, test methodologies, and exercise testing techniques to verify that circuits meet all required specifications
· Provide engineering for optical circuit design, integration, testing, and troubleshooting efforts
· Perform technical evaluation of vendor documentation, including network designs and technical details.
· Review daily assessment reports of network health and performance, and provide technical guidance to operations personnel and vendors as necessary to resolve network performance issues.
· Independently interact with network and transport services providers to resolve network anomalies and performance issues
· Serve as Transport Services site liaison for various locations
· Update the configuration management database for the customer's transport network
· Successfully work independently, as well as within team dynamics
· Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance with Poly
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.