The Cloud Platform Solutions Architect (Remote position) serves as the technical lead for executing the relevant activities within the solutioning process in support of Business Development, Capture and Proposal teams. Responsible for identifying, tailoring, and integrating technical capabilities and innovations to address customer needs, hot buttons, pain points and requirements to help shape acquisitions, competitively position SAIC and contribute to winning proposals.
Solutions Architects will:
- Leverage domain expertise, develop comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and lead the development of a complete and highest-rated technical solution and price competitive proposal.
- Identify technical resources needed to support Pre-B&P and B&P activities.
- Participate in development of solutions and proposals to unusually complex problems which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation; and collaborate with technical business units to craft unique solutions to respond to customer challenges.
- Lead or support the development of the Technical Solution including our Approach, Graphics, and Roadmap with differentiated strengths, tailoring Team SAIC capabilities to the customer problem set.
- Support capture with customer meetings by presenting SAIC's capabilities, services, and solutions.
- Bachelors and 18 years or more of related experience and 5+ years of cloud experience; relevant years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated expertise providing innovative cloud solutions in the DoD or Federal environment for the following areas: public, private, multi-cloud, & hybrid cloud strategies, cloud readiness assessment of systems/applications, cloud architectures and cloud native solutions using IaaS and PaaS, cloud data architectures, and optimized cloud solutions using cloud resources efficiently.
- Hands-on experience in cloud delivery from concept development to practical experience in AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Hands-on experience in building resilient, highly-available, redundant, and cost-effective public cloud infrastructures; Design and solution architectures, using IaaS and PaaS, for large scale, mission critical applications and high-transaction workloads.
- Experience in automation and Infrastructure as Code concepts using tooling such as Terraform, Ansible, or cloud native solutions such as AWS Cloud Formation.
- Experience in designing strategies for backup, disaster recovery, and continuity ensuring services remain uninterrupted based on RPO and RTO requirements.
- Familiarity with regulations relevant to the public sector, such as FedRAMP, FISMA etc.
- Knowledge of Agile DevSecOps principles and setting up automated deployment pipelines.
- Knowledge of cloud network environments and virtualization technologies.
- Experience winning large, complex government Engineering, IT or Mission Support programs with a cloud component.
- Extensive experience as the lead technical architect on large government procurements either responding to or evaluating.
- Understanding of technology methodologies, best practices, delivery models or frameworks relevant to individual’s domain area expertise.
- Demonstrated leadership capability to articulate a solution across all stakeholders and leadership.
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills; experience transitioning solution into written/oral proposal.
- Understand costs, schedule and level of effort associated with delivering a solution.
- Associate level and Foundational level certifications in any of AWS, Azure and/or GCP certifications required; Professional level certification(s) desired.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Ability to travel as required up to 25% (typically to Reston, VA)
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.