The Air Force Digital Transformation Systems Engineering & Integration Solutions Architect serves as the technical lead for executing the relevant activities within the solutioning process in support of Business Development, Capture and Proposal teams. Responsible for identifying, tailoring, and integrating technical capabilities and innovations to address customer needs, hot buttons, pain points and requirements to help shape acquisitions, competitively position SAIC and contribute to winning proposals.
Solutions Architects will:
- Leverage domain expertise, develop comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and lead the development of a complete and highest-rated technical solution and price competitive proposal.
- Participate in development of solutions and proposals to unusually complex problems, supported by a series of data calls, which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation; and collaborate with technical business units to craft unique solutions to respond to customer challenges.
- Provide thought leadership in Engineering solutions throughout the engineering lifecycle including modeling and simulation and rapid prototyping.
- Lead or support the development of the Technical Solution including our Approach, Graphics, and Roadmap with differentiated strengths, tailoring Team SAIC capabilities to the customer problem set.
- Support business development and capture during customer meetings by presenting SAIC's capabilities, services and solutions.
- Bachelor’s and 18 years or more of related experience; relevant years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated expertise providing innovative solutions in the engineering, integration, production, and modernization of Air Force hardware systems/sub-systems
- Production, manufacturing, industrial, systems engineering experience
- Experience winning large, complex government Engineering and Integration programs
- Extensive experience as the lead technical architect on large ($50M+) government procurements either responding to or evaluating
- Familiarity and/or experience with SW, Electrical or Mechanical engineering, system integration and test
- Demonstrated leadership capability to articulate a solution across all stakeholders and leadership
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills; experience transitioning solution into written/oral proposal
- Experience with rapid prototyping supported by Digital Engineering principals and tools
- Mission understanding and experience working with the Air Force
- Understand costs, schedule and level of effort associated with delivering a solution
- Large-scale OEM product development and sustainment experience
- Familiarity with obsolescence and supply chain management
- Familiarity with Agile project management
- Familiarity with Aras, Cameo, SysML and other industry standard tools
CLEARANCE: U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
TRAVEL: Ability to travel as required up to 25%
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.