Job ID: 2400348
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system op. performance analysis, Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
This position will perform Systems Engineering activities required to transform intelligence and military needs into future capabilities to meet those needs. This position will provide leading edge systems engineering to include the application of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) in the definition of concept of operations, requirements and architecture. If the individual does not have MBSE experience training will be provided. Key duties of this position include (but no limited to):
· Support the capture of customer needs and development and refinement of requirements, architecture and concept of operations for future systems that will satisfy those needs
· Support the development of models of future system that will represent the architecture, concept of operations and requirements
· Exercise thought leadership and practical systems engineering application that enables the evolution of repeatable systems engineering approach that uses MBSE principles and practice.
· Assist in the development of systems engineering requirements and artifacts requires for acquisition documents (Statement of Work, Request for Proposal) and support assessment of proposals
· Work across multiple organizations supporting the identification and definition of future space capability needs and the capabilities that will support those needs
· Coordinate cross-organizational discussions with subject matter experts and stakeholders concerning the development of technical aspects of the system
· Identify, understand, track and manage technical and acquisition dependencies
· Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractors
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
Proficient with Digital Engineering tools and procedures
Experience with modeling tools (e.g. Cameo) and modeling frameworks (UAF, DoDAF, MODAF) and languages (SysML, UML, MOF) (training available)
Knowledge of SIGINT collection space systems
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.