SAIC, Inc is seeking a RF Engineer-Sr for a dynamic contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer. Join our fantastic team supporting an exciting mission that impacts National Security. This is a great opportunity to get your TS/SCI clearance upgraded to a CI Poly!
The RF Engineer-Sr will provide engineering design and analysis assessments for the customer’s communication systems, communications user equipment, and transport segments. The RF Engineer will be asked to provide technical expertise to support a variety of tasks to include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments.
- Provide high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, and implementation.
- Provide advice on exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of subject matter for effective implementation (e.g. administration, business, computer science, engineering, intelligence, mathematics, or various sciences).
- Create documentation (e.g. briefs, read-ahead packages) to be used by DIA attendees at IC-level working groups.
- Apply knowledge in areas of expertise to support DIA management operational decisions.
- Develop plans and integrate user equipment with a variety of short- and long-range terrestrial and Space based RF networks.
- Conduct assessments including modulation techniques, antennae characteristics, software defined radio methodology, digital signal processing, and GNU standards.
- Conduct test design; anomaly resolution; system deployment and sustainment support.
- Perform or assist in design, development, installation, and testing of operational equipment.
- Conduct system anomaly trouble shooting, and interface with vendors and mission partners to ensure systems will meet the end goals of stakeholders
- Custom electronics and technology solutions in support of critical special communication capability gaps and emerging operational requirements.
- Advise on cross domain solutions to include integration of capabilities, updates/upgrades, data sources, dissemination paths, and extensible API development.
- Evaluate current and future requirements from system operators for integration into operational users’ Concept of Operations (CONOPS).
- Must have active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (4 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- 10 years of professional experience working in RF engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within or lead a team of peers, as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate highly technical analyses at a level comprehensible to a non-technical audience and senior-level government representatives.
- Ability to clearly express in writing, technical analysis results and site characterizations.
- Expert knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience working on-site at a customer location.
- Experience working in DOD/IC.
- Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning and functional defeat of hard targets.
- Practical RF systems knowledge gained through design, construction, or facilities management work experience.
- Working knowledge of engineering, 3D modeling, and geospatial analytical tools to include AutoCAD, ArcGIS, MatLab, SketchUp, Skyline Software, RemoteView, etc.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.