Job ID: 2400281
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2024
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a TS/SCI cleared Software Architect / Engineer responsible for providing high quality software consulting support, application planning, systems integration, and architecture support for a large C4ISR Program of Record in San Diego, CA. As part of the team, you will be required to collaborate with others, as well as work individually on strategies, roadmaps and recommended solutions for the implementation of modern cloud-based applications.
In this role, the Software Architect / Engineer will apply their DevSecOps expertise to design and oversee CI/CD workflows, review and assess design documents, and participate in software reviews. The Software Architect / Engineer will oversee and execute Analysis of Alternatives for a variety of software related decisions and help progress capability roadmaps. Additionally, a successful candidate will work with cyber security practitioners to ensure ATO controls are met through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Job duties and responsibilities may include any of the following:
· Provide oversight and guidance to small teams working to build applications within a complex system of systems
· Present technical information, concepts and ideas to non-technical leadership in a manner that is digestible and can be used to inform prioritization of investments
· Review process flows and design documentation for accuracy and completeness
· Assess contractor delivered work products and capabilities against government defined requirements in order to identify gaps and deficiencies
· Collaborate with development and test teams to assess delivered capability against the needs of the end-user and work towards convergence against the performance specifications.
· Be the DevOps Subject Matter Expert for product reviews and discussions with stakeholders
· Provide product vision and real-time assessment of the performance of the SDLC for the Govt. team
· Provide technical guidance and assist the Lead Engineer (LE) and Assistant Program Manager (APM) regarding software system strategies.
· Support software development and integration efforts while adhering to government guidance for strategy, planning, documentation, and implementation.
· Evaluate system software requirements and derive related measurable performance criteria.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; Active TS/SCI.
· Skilled in: Cloud, DevOps, Agile, and Product Mgt.
· Experience in: AWS, Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift), Agile and DevOps best practices, software development life cycles, automation toolchains and CI/CD pipelines.
· Relevant experience leading/managing software development teams. Ideally at least 4 years knowledge in IaaS / PaaS / SaaS.
· Understands software engineering concepts and related systems engineering processes.
· Understanding of limited bandwidth networks & air gapped environments
· Strong communicator that can consult on technical discussions and provide technical recommendation across many levels of the program to include senior leadership.
· Technical leadership and general problem solving related to software design, architecture, and execution in an oversight position
· Ability to operate independently with limited supervision
Desired Skills and Certifications:
· SAFe Agilist
· DevOps or DevSecOps
· AWS Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator.
· Demonstrated technical writing and briefing
· Understanding of hybrid Cloud & On-Prem architectures.
· Experience in modern source control (Git, BitBucket, etc.)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.