SAIC, Inc is seeking a Network Security Engineer for a dynamic contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer. Join our fantastic team supporting an exciting mission that impacts National Security. This is a great opportunity to get your TS/SCI clearance upgraded to a CI Poly!
The Network Security Engineer will be asked to provide technical expertise to support a variety of tasks to include, but not limited to:
- Stand-alone and integrated network and communication architectures for command, control, and data transmission of developmental technical capabilities.
- Advise on and provide custom electronics and technology solutions in support of critical capability gaps and emerging operational requirements.
- Support the integration of capabilities, updates/upgrades, data sources, dissemination paths, and extensible API development.
- Support field sets, legacy field devices and emerging transceiver technologies.
- Evaluate current and future requirements from system operators for integration into operational users’ Concept of Operations (CONOPS).
- Integrate new technologies into local and wide area networks.
- Employ advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems.
- Perform administration duties for networking hardware including routers, switches, gateways, access points, network interface cards, networking cables, network bridges, modems, ISDN adapters, firewalls, and other related network hardware.
- Provide on-site support to classified networks facilitating command and control and communications.
- Must have active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree (4 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- 9 plus years of overall professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within or lead a team of peers, as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate highly technical analyses at a level comprehensible to laymen and senior-level government representatives.
- Expert knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience working on-site at a government customer location.
- Experience working in DOD/IC.
- Certifications for Information System Security Representative (ISSR) or DCID 6/3.
- Experience with developing and maintaining configuration control documentation.
- Current ESRI Enterprise Administration Associate Certification and ESRI Enterprise System Design Associate Certification or equivalent certifications.
- Understanding of mobile telephony – theory, infrastructure, protocols.
- Understanding of wireless and network communications – theory, infrastructure, and protocols.
- Understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) communications, bands, and protocols.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.