SAIC, Inc is seeking a Sensor System Developer for a dynamic contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer. Join our fantastic team supporting an exciting mission that impacts National Security. This is a great opportunity to get your TS/SCI clearance upgraded to a CI Poly!
The Sensor System Developer will provide engineering design and analysis assessments for the customer’s communication systems, comm user equipment, and transport segments. You will be asked to provide technical expertise to support a variety of tasks to include, but not limited to:
- Stand-alone and integrated network and communication architectures for command, control, and data transmission of developmental technical capabilities.
- Provide technical support and assistance in the development of critical technologies to enable end-to-end communications capabilities.
- Develop and perform analytical procedures to document and manage changing requirements and capabilities/technologies to ensure maximum operations.
- Conduct scientific studies and experimentation directed toward increasing the fundamental knowledge and understanding in the fields of Radio Frequency communications, Cyber technologies, power systems, antennas, mobility, and navigation. Evaluate unproven technology applications and identify potential risks.
- Support the development of associated sensors systems.
- Monitor the technology and transition efforts of TECHINT-related sensors and systems.
- Test and Evaluate communications devices.Test and validate prototypes in a simulated or real field environment
- Plan, design, and develop complex, high reliability electronic systems for sensitive activities.
- Must have active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree (4 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- 11 years of professional experience working in sensor development and engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of the design and the manufacture processes of sensor systems.
- Experience working with sensors and sensor architectures with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) to develop new or enhanced signatures and operating updated processes for evolving signatures.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within or lead a team of peers, as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate highly technical analyses at a level comprehensible to laymen and senior-level government representatives.
- Expert knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience working on-site at a government customer location.
- Experience working in DOD/IC.
- Experience in the area of unattended sensors, seismic, acoustic, electro-magnetic signal processing and fusion of data.
- Practical RF systems knowledge gained through design, construction, or facilities management work experience.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.