Job ID: 2400252
Location: QUANTICO, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2024
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated IT professionals who will sustain, modernize and transform the enterprise IT capabilities for the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA). The National Security & Space Sector of SAIC is seeking a Senior Storage Administrator to support a transformational infrastructure program for DCSA.
SAIC is proud to be supporting DCSA in safeguarding our nation’s information. DCSA is the designated oversight authority on the accreditation of classified facilities, information systems, and the insider threat program. This involves security oversight of more than 10,000 companies and approximately 13,000 facilities involved in classified work throughout the DoD and 31 Federal agencies.
Specifically, on the DCSA One IT program, SAIC will provide an enterprise IT solution that delivers highly secured and adaptable IT infrastructure, provides customer support, and cutting-edge technologies that support operations and advance the DCSA mission under a single IT environment (i.e., One IT).
Please note: This position requires reporting onsite at customer location in Quantico, VA three (3) times per week.
- Provides data capacity management support services to ensure sufficient capacity and performance to meet mission demands, as part of the overall strategic objective of the customer's IT modernization and IT initiatives to provide an improved flexible and evolving enterprise IT environment to support the mission IAW with DoD policies and procedures and commonly utilized industry best practices.
- Maintains data capacity management standards baseline.
- Implements data capacity monitoring/trend analysis processes to provide capacity metrics and highlight performance issues.
- Develops forecasts for growth and expansion to recommend changes in capacity.
- Ensures that the capacity and demand process is integrated with all aspects of the IT service lifecycle.
- Assesses incidents/problems related to throughput performance.
- Assists with installation, upgrades, and configuration of multiple storage enclaves in accordance with STIG compliance.
- Directs deployment and management of SAN including Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Fabric Attached Storage (FAS) enclaves.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and maintenance of alerts and failures within the SAN environment.
- Manages system backups and database archive operations.
It is required that the Senior Storage Administrator have the following qualifications:
- 14 years of more experience
- TS (SCI Eligible)
- Applicable Storage Compute Environment (CE) Certification
- IAT Level II, Certification in one of the following areas, CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.