SAIC is looking for a candidate to provide Financial Reporting and Analysis, Strategic Financial Planning, Business Process Improvement, Benchmarking and Program Metrics support in a fast-paced and dynamic customer environment with broad impact to the customer’s mission. This position supports the customer group and is responsible for developing integrate financial process and procedures to manage the complex budget.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining spend plans
- Reconciles spend plans with actual and planned expenditures and recommends options to address potential over-or-underutilization of resources
- Perform short and long-term financial trend analysis leveraging data form all Sponsor financial services
- Assist personnel in researching and resolving resource and budget issues and questions
- Provides strategic and programmatic plans and budget support to Sponsor activities
- Assist with writing language to support and defend budgets for Sponsor as Lead Service Integrator (LSI) for intelligence Community and Service of common Concerns (SoCC) for Sponsor.
- Prepares supporting documents for budget exercises, over-guidance, unfunded calls, and reprogramming
- Prepare briefings , budget, spend plans and programmatic activities to support IC and Sponsor reporting requirements
- Coordinate, generate, complies and/or aggregates responses to fiscal requirements and tasking
- Facilitate discussions across diverse teams addressing long term (strategic) and short term (tactical) financial matters as they relate to program/project directives, goals, initiatives, etc.
- Continuously work with Sponsor staff and contractor team members to identify opportunities to improve financial tracking and reporting
- Stay current with Sponsor and Directorates Resource Management guidance and assist in creating and maintaining baseline practices and procedures that align with guidance
- Develop strategies and advise Sponsor on presentation and communication of historical and planned financial data to executive leaders and stakeholders
- Assist in identifying, designing, implementing, and improving integrated processes and procedures for financial reporting requirements
- Identify, design, implement and improve processes and procedures supporting periodic expense reporting Sponsor
- Active TS/SCI W POLY
- Master’s Degree + 15 years related experience, Bachelor’s degree + 18 years related experience
- Ability to analyze and evaluate financial data to resolve inconsistencies, identify key issues, and propose solutions.
- Intermediate/expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel version on Sponsor systems to perform various types of data analysis.
- Proficient working with excel workbooks, worksheets, cells and ranges, tables, and worksheet formatting (e.g. including conditional formatting), printing, templates, data validation.
- Proficient working with formulas and functions to manipulate text, sorting with date and times, creating formulas that count/sum, creating formulas that lookup values without sorting data (e.g. index/match).
- Proficient with creating pivot tables from data ranges and tables and adding slicers to assist with filtering data.
- Proficient with creating charts and graphs
- Ability to create Excel dashboards and reports for data validation
- Existing knowledge of willingness to learn Excel’s Power Query and M-Language to perform various extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes to append, merge, and clean data for follow-on analysis.
- Existing knowledge or willingness to learn Excel’s PowerPivot and DAX to add data to Excel’s data model and create calculated fields and/or DAX measures to perform calculations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to address both planned and unplanned events.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to adapt/tailor message and delivery based upon intended audience.
- Proven ability to interact/collaborate and lead conversations with various levels of staff and contractor team members in highly matrixed organization
- Willingness to improve digital acumen and explore how best to leverage capabilities on Sponsor system to support Sponsor activities (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, JIRA/Confluence, WordPress, etc.)
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.