Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking an energetic individual with a strong desire to enhance space resiliency. The candidate will provides Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA, offering unparalleled insight into an emerging mission area and opportunities to secure our nation’s space enterprise. The candidate will provide support to a customer charged with delivering solutions across rapidly expanding complex space and ground system initiatives. The candidate will work closely with Government and other SETA staff to plan, deliver, maintain, and enhance critical mission capabilities for the NRO enterprise. SETA staff collaborate with Intelligence Community (IC) organizations and Department of Defense (DoD) technical providers to maintain awareness of current and emerging threats, and to drive solutions to mitigate these threats.
The candidate will provide support to an office in execution of mission critical systems for an exciting new mission area with responsibilities which may include but not limited to the following:
- Identify internal and external multi-domain interoperability opportunities that benefit and improve operations
- Developing novel operational concepts for improved multi-domain integration between IC/DoD air, sea and land-based users in a contested space environment
- Develop leading-edge multi-domain technical systems integration concepts and associated new technologies that lead to end-to-end operational closure with IC/DoD users
- Developing organizational relationships with new IC/DoD users as well as maintaining and maximizing existing relationships
- Provide support to planning, organizing, and hosting communities of interest (COI’s) focused on operationalizing multi-domain technologies and processes
- Provide exercise oversight, integration, test analysis and reporting to ensure efficiency and effectiveness off proposed solutions, products, systems, and programs
- Provide critical real-time expertise to management, security and technical customers at all levels of control via oral and written feedback in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Work as both an individual contributor and as a member of a collaborative team
- Work directly with IC/DoD Government senior managers as well as with tactical warfighters
- Advise on tasking of various RF sensors
- Advise on various cyber threats
- Assist IC/DoD customers to define and group achievable new requirements that integrate technical. Process, personnel, and physical solutions
- Bachelor Degree with 9 years of relevant operational experience; Master’s Degree with 7 years of relevant experience; or PhD or JD and 4 years or more experience
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Experience working with the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a team setting
- Experience working with space systems
- Understanding of signals intelligence (SIGINT)
- Experience with RF/SATCOM communication technology and systems
- Experience with signal analysis and exploitation
- Experience in RF phenomenology specific to collection and processing methodology, and tasking, command and control, collection, mission processing, and dissemination
- Experience with Digital Signal Processors and the application to perform traditional and non-traditional functions
- Experience with operational RF tradecraft, workflows, and policies and procedures
- Participated in documenting and championing operational concepts for national security
- Experience with cyber technology and systems
- Experience with cyber phenomenology specific to collection and processing
- Monitor the threat landscape to ensure the organization is current with information on perceived and existing threats to the environment
- Experience in security technology evaluations
- Experience in general understanding of intrusion detection
- Experience in understanding the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation
- Experience in Department of Defense operational planning
- Experience translating mission requirements into technical objectives
- Experience with Reserve and multi-SAP/CAP programs
- Experience with waveforms, waveform design and characteristics reducing probability of detection/interception
- Experience in establishing procedures in a timely manner and escalate issues when required
- Experience with current attack techniques and general knowledge of the relevant threat landscape
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.