Job ID: 2400156
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Subcategory: SW Config Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Configuration Manager with a TS/SCI clearance who is also experienced in supporting Navy Sites and Programs of Record (PoR) in San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for configuration management issues associated with maintaining and controlling all software, inventory, product releases, for a Navy Acquisition Program. This individual shall also work closely with the Configuration Control Board in defining and implementing procedures for releasing new products throughout the entire life cycle. The Configuration Manager shall provide change management and product configuration management guidance. Job tasks include:
· Working in integrated cross-functional teams
· Applying analytical and problem solving skills related to configuration and data management issues
· Configuration management planning, configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits
· Participating in and running Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) and Local Configuration Control Boards (LCCBs).
· Applying knowledge of regulations regarding change process and identifying, storing, tracking, and managing configuration items
· Application of hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures
· Update and maintain records/documents in configuration management systems or processes, including CMPRO and SPIDER databases
· Experience with collaborative environments such as Overmatch Software Armory (OSA) and MS Teams
· Knowledge of Agile development process
· Ability to apply concepts and define hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures
· Ability to assist with implementing hardware and software version control processes, policies, and procedures, comprehend basic software concepts, and assist with documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures
· Ability to analyze version control processes, policies, and procedures, ensure that they are followed, and work independently with minimal direction
· Assist in managing the CM tasking for a U.S. Navy Acquisition Program
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelors in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics field and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
· US Citizen with an active TS/SCI Clearance.
· 3+ years of experience as a configuration manager. Navy or DoD configuration management process and a wide application of the technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
· Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Desired Skills and Certifications:
· Experience with and demonstrated understanding of the DOD acquisition process.
· Certifications include PMP, INCOSE System Engineering Professional (ASEP/CSEP/ESEP), Completed Courses of Instruction in CM from DAU or other institution.
· Prior Military experience and understanding of PEO C4I, SPAWAR and experience with
US Navy C4I systems.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.