Job ID: 2317054
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2024
Subcategory: Military Operations
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a U.S. Navy Operational Law (OPLAW) and Rules of Engagement (ROE) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide advanced, high-level pre-deployment training to Carrier Strike Groups, Expeditionary Strike Groups, Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units, and other military forces. The ideal candidate would be a former strike group Judge Advocate General (JAG), but anyone with extensive experience and understanding of Navy OPLAW – such as former ship/squadron commanding officers, strike group operations officers, or strike group planning officers – will be considered. This is a key position, and all potential candidates will be reviewed by the government as well as SAIC. Place of performance is San Diego, CA, with occasional travel to Fleet Concentration Areas. Work is in support of war games and integrated fleet training.
· Provide SME support in Naval Operational Law, Law of Armed Conflict, military Rules of Engagement, and Law of the Sea for pre-deployment training of US Navy Pacific Fleet forces.
· Provide academic presentations as required on Naval Operational Law, Law of Armed Conflict, military Rules of Engagement, Law of the Sea, and theater specific OPLAW/ROE
· Research, analyze, and incorporate OPLAW/ROE considerations into war game scenarios to meet training objectives derived from the Universal Naval Task List
· Develop and produce necessary supporting products and documents for war games, such as ROE Annexes and other guiding documents.
· Facilitate student incorporation of OPLAW/ROE considerations into their war game plans.
· Facilitate execution of advanced military war games by working with both students and white cell staff to achieve OPLAW/ROE training objectives. Expect approximately 10% travel to Fleet Concentration Areas in this capacity.
· Facilitate post-war game training analysis by gathering data and providing feedback to customer staff and training audience.
· Maintain currency and liaise with Navy centers of excellence on latest developments in OPLAW/ROE/Naval Law
· Interim Secret required at start and must be able to obtain Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information clearance within one year from start.
· Bachelor’s degree AND 20 years of USN warfare experience in planning, implementation and execution of tactics, direction and employment of units, and coordination requirements between units, warfare commanders, subordinate units, higher headquarters, and joint and coalition units.
· In-depth knowledge of OPLAW/ROE considerations in the Composite Warfare Commander construct
· Post-department tour on fleet, carrier strike group, expeditionary strike group, or equivalent staff
· Experience translating training objectives into a comprehensive war game exercise.
· Experience with continuum of training for Carrier Strike Groups, Expeditionary Strike Groups, and Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units
· Experience with Fleet Synthetic Training or other distributed training preferred.
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.