- SAIC is hiring a Strategic Communications Analyst to support the Office of the Deputy Critical Technology Officer for Critical Technologies (DCTO-CT), Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E) to provide strategic communications support. Under the direction of the DCTO-CT Strategic communications Manager, this position requires close interaction with senior leadership and staff within the Pentagon and across the Department of Defense (DoD) Science and Technology community, including Components, industry partners, academia, international partners, and associations. In coordination with senior government leadership, the communications analysts will work with the team to achieve organizational goals and objectives by administering the communications and public relations initiatives as determined by the larger organizational strategic planning process; advance the importance of the promotion and protection of strategic technology with relevant constituents (government, industry, academia, international partners); develop and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external associations and organizations.
- In coordination with leadership, develop a strategic communications plan for the customer.
- Facilitate engagement with the defense S&T community.
- Coordinate with leadership to arrange, host, and/or represent the office as speakers at technical conferences and symposia.
- Support meetings with industry at senior leadership levels.
- Serve as editor for the development, production, and maintenance of the organization's internal and external communication vehicles.
- Develop and execute tactical strategic communications plans for customer initiatives, publications, and articles.
- Manage and monitor engagements with technical and professional organizations.
- Support academic community outreach activities.
- Coordinate with appropriate DoD agencies for public release of briefings, papers and other communications products.
- Must have and maintain a TOP SECRET clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI
- Possess experience providing strategic communications and public affairs support to senior-level management
- Bachelor’s plus 10 years of experience. Masters plus 8 years of experience
- Experience working in the defense community (industry, military, government civilian, or contract support); preferably direct experience with an engineering organization.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and discretion in performing a variety of duties and interacting with various levels of staff across multiple locations.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, and organizational skills; proven ability to assess, select, and use a variety of methods and tools.
- Experience in planning and coordinating technical reviews, panels, or similar meetings with diverse participants; experience in preparing, coordinating, and presenting briefings.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with CANVA.
Location: Arlington, VA
· Experience working in DoD Science and Technology and Experience working in Systems Engineering domain
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.