Job ID: 2317037
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is hiring a Mission Integrator Engineer who will: Provide launch management and integration support to Government mission managers in all phases of planning and execution of satellite-to-launch vehicle integration for Government. Responsibilities include program plan development and maintenance, mission unique requirements identification, monitoring and verification, ECP incorporation to include change definition, technical evaluation, and launch operations planning and execution.
• Provides critical mission integration services to government Mission Manager executing the launch mission integration process.
• Works on all aspects of launch from initial planning meetings through launch base operations and Day of Launch.
• Guides the direction of all mission working groups, to include: mission integration, ground operations, flight operations, trailblazer planning/execution, and Day-of-Launch.
• Provides technical services for mission program reviews, integrated schedule development/management, rehearsal support, and daily status reporting.
• Develops launch mission planning tasks and develops key program documentation.
• Guides the development of all satellite to launch vehicle interface requirements.
• Reviews and provides technical evaluations of key mission documents to include Interface Requirements Documents, (IRDs), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), and launch base requirements and procedures.
• Tracks all requirements verification documentation in execution of the launch campaign.
• Develops and reviews technical assessments and presentations for senior leadership reviews.
• Generates mission status reports and presentations for Weekly Staff Meeting, Executive Program Reviews, mission status briefings for the SV Programs, and launch manifest reviews.
• Develops, prepares, and delivers documentation and coordinates execution of all major Launch Readiness Reviews for the mission to include: the Mission Readiness Review (MRR), the Mission Certification Review (MCR), and the Consent to Launch (CTL) Review
• Reviews and provides technical evaluations to key mission contractual documentation.
• Performs requirements planning tasks to include mission integration contract verification and validation, ECP forecasting, and technical evaluations
• Prepares contractor statement of works (SOWs) and technical evaluation of contractor proposals
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with other government agencies and mission partners
• Demonstrated ability to work with, guide, and collaborate across a multi-organizational and multi-disciplined team to deliver integrated solutions and mutually beneficial outcomes
• Expert knowledge of the mission integration process, to include experience working launch vehicle to space vehicle interfaces, including mechanical, electrical, mission analysis, launch and SV environments, ground operations, space vehicle transportation and processing, launch readiness, mission interface verification between LV and SV
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.