SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer, ideally with Space Vehicle (SV) and ground systems familiarity, to support our customer at Kirtland AFB, NM. The Systems Engineer will provide technical leadership and support in the areas of IT planning, solution specification/design, and implementation. The qualified candidate will have knowledge of information technology solutions and experience designing and developing technical solutions. The Systems Engineer will provide IT system performance analysis, requirements engineering and management, testing and evaluation for successful system development, design, implementation, operational maintenance, and decommission services for the customer network. The position requires on-site work at KAFB with approximately 10% travel.
Fun work you will do on the job:
- Collaborate with project engineering lead, systems engineers and other technical staff to identify, assess, and present options for meeting functional and technical requirements of satellite ground systems, which may include hardware and/or software
- Ensure compliance with approved system engineering methods and quality standards, reviewing existing processes and developing solutions to increase productivity
- Support the client’s requirements for the utilization of the LAN/Network systems for internet facing and internal systems in support of mission essential training
- Support tasks to design, analyze, install, manage, and configure advanced LAN and network systems, supporting mission essential systems
- Maintain documentation such as architecture diagrams, CONOPS plans, requirements, and test plans
- Interface with teammates to resolve and mitigate problems arising during implementation.
- Maintain cognizance over technical activities and schedule milestones within program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Participate in technical interchange meetings and reviews
- Assist technical teams with Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Change Control Board (CCB) presentation slides
This is you:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field and 9 years of technical experience or 4 additional years of experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Active Top Secret or DoE Q clearance with SCI eligibility (must be eligible for SCI indoctrination within first 3 months of start date) and be able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Minimum 3 years’ direct experience in space systems, space command and control, or equivalent relevant disciplines including industry (development Contractor), DoD or other Agency (NRO, NSA, NASA, etc.) background
- Able to build and maintain relationships and partnerships with stakeholders at all levels
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including a strong ability to communicate program status; orally, written and visually
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- CompTIA Security + or equivalent certification required for DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 compliance and able to obtain environment certification within 6 months of start
- Solid background in IT, including installation and configuration of network devices and managing WANs and LANs
- Experience with VMware
- Demonstrated experience with maintaining current working knowledge of new technology, legacy equipment, modems, CSUs, and patch panels
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting strong customer service attitude and focus
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.