Job ID: 2316877
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Engineer with technical experience to join the Position Navigation and Timing (PNT) Enterprise Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) Navigation Warfare (NAVWAR) team, to work in El Segundo, CA. The PNT Enterprise SE&I Team provides engineering, technical analysis and subject matter expertise (SME) support for the Global Positioning System (GPS) supporting the Space Systems Command. The NAVWAR team provides systems engineering and analysis services to include system development, enterprise and system architecture, acquisition, testing, operations and sustainment support for existing and new capabilities. As a member of our GPS SE&I team, you’ll work in a high-paced environment with Govt personnel and system developers to ensure GPS remains the gold standard for position, navigation and timing. Major duties of this position include:
· Support the GPS Enterprise by helping implement GPS capabilities, requirements, architectures, concepts, designs and technologies in software. The software implementation will help validate, test, and model the current and future GPS architectures.
· Support SE&I team in creating software analysis tools to enable the GPS Systems Engineering team to verify requirements and support GPS enterprise testing. Update and maintain the software tools to develop and update GPS Enterprise test vectors.
· Update and maintain software tools that implement the Y-code and M-code cryptographic algorithms, validate National Security Agency (NSA) operational key material, and create Test Data Material (TDM) that looks and feels like operational key material.
· Create and maintain software that creates the NAVWAR message data for Y-code and M-code and software that supports NAVWAR mission planning.
· Interact with the Systems Engineering government team, other program government leads, external organizations (e.g. FAA, DOT) and prime contractors to ensure that system-level and software requirements are valid across the GPS Enterprise.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or Science
5+ years of overall experience
Demonstrated experience with developing software or writing software scripts
Demonstrated understanding of System Engineering practices, techniques, and procedures
Demonstrated experience working with or for the government on a government Space systems program
Excellent analytical and organizational skills, specifically attention to detail
Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
Current active Top Secret Clearance
GPS experience is highly desired
Experience with MS Visual Studio C++, VBA scripting and MATLAB
Experience and familiarity working with DoD acquisition organizations
Experience working specifically on a Systems Engineering and Integration contract.
Experience and familiarity working with Space Systems Command
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.