Job ID: 2316895
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 27, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to support Workstation Baseline Software Configuration efforts for our NIWC PAC customer. This position will specifically support to support Win 11 upgrades and Win 10 patching to maintain both OS for a 12 month period to include processing new Operating System (OS) and application requirements to ensure they meet the security and engineering requirements for release to the enterprise production. This is a Hybrid role, must be able to travel to San Diego, CA site as needed.
· Provide ONE-Net Workstation Base Software Configuration engineering support in developing new deployable Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) automated or manual solutions for all new applicable and Operation System patches.
· Provide technical solutions for all WBSC related issues as they arise in the production lab or in production environments.
· Prepare installation procedures, test plans, and test reports; and create and update engineering and WBSC process documentation.
· Conduct functional and security testing in the lab environment, then pilot testing in the production environment.
· Provide Patch Management for all approved baseline workstation applications and support the Engineering team to incorporate patches into the patch management system. Assist with issues regarding patch deployment to the operational sites during modernization efforts.
· Provide software support for all new approved Baseline Applications to correct deficiencies in production software.
· Provide Information Assurance analysis and scanning of new Workstation models and applications using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) or applicable security analysis tools.
· Work with vendors to resolve any initial findings resulting from an IA security review and work with customers to obtain any required documentation, media or installation instructions as required to process the RFC.
· Support deficiency correction and modification for the WBSC Software Packages that will be deployed at eight separate environments (2 lab and 6 operational), as patches are released to include testing patches (manually and via automated methods) in the lab environment and documentation of patches that apply to a particular WBSC image version.
· Bachelor’s and five (5) years or more relevant experience; Masters and three (3) years or more relevant experience.
· Secret Clearance Required
· Experience with SCCM/MECM is required.
· IAT Level II (Sec + and operating system certification)
· Experience in Applications patching and testing.
· Creating installation procedures and test procedures.
· Windows OS, Software applications Operating Systems and network experience.
· Excellent technical troubleshooting, problem solving and customer service skills.
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customer's missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.