Job ID: 2316814
Location: SCOTT AFB, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2024
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Config Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Configuration Management Specialist for the Change Management section to support an IT Service Management effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6).
The successful candidate will lead the Change Management section as the primary point of contact and be responsible for the IT Service Management (ITSM).
· Responsible for planning, identification, control, monitoring and verification activities to achieve control of the IT system functional and physical asset CIs.
· Work Service Request tickets daily.
· Identify and implement continual service improvement of the asset and configuration management processes and procedures based on ITIL V4 framework.
· Work closely with organizational stakeholders to ensure the proper configuration standards for hardware, software, and documentation assets.
· Implement the configuration management processes and procedures according to the Enterprise Configuration Management SOP.
· Manage and facilitate Enterprise Configuration Control Board (E-CCB).
· Review released engineering change requests and data to ensure adherence to configuration management procedures and policies.
· Plan and conduct physical and functional audits utilizing various methods of inspection.
· Document audit results and ensure corrective actions to resolve discrepancies are completed.
· Implement ITIL V4 best practices in developing Release and Deployment Modules in BMC Remedy/HELIX.
· Assist Service Owners and Stakeholders in implementing automated workflows.
· Write Technical Build Sheets for the BMC Remedy HELIX Admins to implement within the tool.
· Produce Weekly Activity Report
This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours.
· BA/BS and 9 years of experience or 13 years of experience in lieu of degree
· DoD Secret clearance
· Must be US Citizen
· ITIL 4 Managing Professional certification
· Experience with query based reporting tool
· Speaks and writes fluent, grammatically correct English
· Must be organized and detailed oriented
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Excel
· Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels
· Self- starter and problem solver
· Ability to communicate IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
· Knowledge of and/or experience with software and hardware discovery tools
Location: Scott Air Force Base (AFB), Illinois approximately 20 Miles from St. Louis, MO
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.